Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do the media go over the top?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well do they? < Link to video ;)

Comments

• Options
    Love the Live Web Poll :p.
  • Options
    I hate the media because a lot of the stuff they say are lies.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The Media is a degenerate form of leeching shite IMHO.

It's nothing but a bunch of sensationalist balls of pointless stories. Every paper except the fucking Guardian had that shit Madeline photo on the cover. Never mind the slaughter and oppression of peaceful monks in Burma, some kid that isn't Madeline (I could tell that tbh, it was balantly not even close to her. OMG a blonde girl!!! must be her!!!) was seen!

Sigh. Always reporting saome shite story when there is better to be told.

The new opiate of the masses is here.
  • Options
    I :heart: The Onion :lol:

The media's job is to sell copies, and always has been, so it is hard to criticise them for choosing the most sensational stories to print. The only difference between all the newspapers is whether you agree with their agenda or not; The Guardian and Independent are no better than the other papers for reporting sensationalist stories, they just report stories that I'm more interested in.

By the way, the only main news I've seen deal with the Burman crisis in any detail has been Channel 4 News. They've always been by far and away the best news source, though, far better than anything produced by the BBC or Sky.
  • Options
    What the hell.

"With a daughter so pretty you can't help but assume she's being raped"

I was stumbling last night via stumbleupon, came across this which was pretty bad (think it's old, but more of the media trying to make it's own news)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=am0uJkRSMNw

I think some news sources are better than others. I really hate when journalists express their opinion or use hyperbole - they're there to report. Not sure the name for extremely expressive adjectives - but something like bloodthirsty imo shouldn't be used. And monster. A concise description of the facts and maybe some expert speculation is fair. Some journalists are just seem like teenage bloggers these days and want to put an opinion across.

Reuters is quite good.