Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is she in the wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few weeks a go i went out with my friend and i was talking about how cute one of the bar staff were. I have a boyfriend so it was just a bit of fun and my friend disagreed with me about him being nice.
At the weekend she went to the same pub and text me sayin he was there. After a few hours i got another text from her sayin that he'd asked for her number.
Although i think this lad is nice, nothing is going to happen because i have a boyf, but i am still upset that she probably has given him her number, even though she said she didnt like him.
I just feel that she will have done it because she could and its only through me that she is aware of him.
I feel silly for being annoyed, but i am! Is she in the wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Is she in the wrong?

Is she fuck. You have a boyfriend, the barman might not even know you exist, he saw your firend and liked her. Be happy for her! Like a friend should be.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Is she fuck. You have a boyfriend, the barman might not even know you exist, he saw your firend and liked her. Be happy for her! Like a friend should be.

:yes:

Im a bit confused as to why youre pissed off, unless you think he should have been kept single for you even though youre already with someone,
  • Options
    Perhaps she's not totally happy with her boyfriend and is a bit jealous of her single friend.
  • Options
    If she did it on purpose to piss you off, then I'd be put out. But that's the only thing I think you have a right to bothered about and don't think yoiu can really prove it either.
    I've got a mate that seems to go for any guy that I show interest in/he shows interest in me/have had things with in the past so I know how it feels.
    But I've got a bit of a Single White Female case going on at the moment so if this is the only thing that's happened then let it be and only show her happiness for it.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

Agreed.

I think you're being a bit silly, to be honest.
  • Options
    If she's done it to annoy you than yes. But if not then no.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    If she's done it to annoy you than yes. But if not then no.

I'm not sure exactly how this 'annoy' scenario comes around when the OP has a boyfriend...?! :confused:

Also, he asked for her number...

Either way, it doesn't matter. The OP has a boyf, and her friend and (I am assuming) the barman is single and so free to do what they want.
  • Options
    She's not in the wrong at all ! It's not like you're single !

Leave your mate to it if she likes him be happy for her and try not to be so jealous and focus on your current relationship.
  • Options
    '
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    A few weeks a go i went out with my friend and i was talking about how cute one of the bar staff were. I have a boyfriend so it was just a bit of fun and my friend disagreed with me about him being nice.
    At the weekend she went to the same pub and text me sayin he was there. After a few hours i got another text from her sayin that he'd asked for her number.
    Although i think this lad is nice, nothing is going to happen because i have a boyf, but i am still upset that she probably has given him her number, even though she said she didnt like him.
    I just feel that she will have done it because she could and its only through me that she is aware of him.
    I feel silly for being annoyed, but i am! Is she in the wrong?

Hey there,
    It sounds like you're quite stressed out at the moment and maybe feeling a little insecure? This may be what's led to you jumping to conclusions about what may have happened with your friend and this guy.

It also sounds like you have a touch of the green eye, as although you say you wouldn't want anything to happen because you have a boyfriend -you'd still like this guy to fancy you and are put out that he has actually taken a liking to your mate.

Perhaps take a look at your relationship with your boyfriend. Is there anything lacking at the moment which is leading you to want attention elsewhere? Have you started to take things for granted a bit? Maybe think of ways to bring the romance back to give yourself a boost.

If you feel that things are actually really great with your boyfriend then you need to cut your friend some slack and let her have some fun without assuming that she's trying to get at you. Have a good think about what it means to be a good mate.

As for your friend changing her mind about the guy - this is actually really common. She may not have been immediately attracted to him, but perhaps she's had a good natter with him and realised he's cool. In fact, it sounds like she's made a considered judgement.

Whatever the scenario, it really doesn't sound like she's in the wrong at all- unless as vicky suggests - this is a pattern of behaviour that is putting a strain on your friendship. If that's the case then maybe there's another issue here and your feelings about this relate to your feelings about the friendship in general. If this is the case then there are steps you can take to try and resolve things.

Hope this helps - take care ;)