Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pilates / Yoga DVDs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been told by both my physiotherapist (free thru work!) and my dentist recently that I've got tight muscles. I've been having some trouble with my right shoulder and back which I'm having treatment on, but I find that I am getting very achey all over even after the lightest bit of exercise or even yesterday's shopping spree round town. A couple of times lately I've ended up taking Nurofen just to take the edge off the pain as it's getting to me so much.

I was thinking.. if this is all something to do with my tight muscles, perhaps I should be doing something that involves stretching. I've got exercises from the physio to do for my shoulder and back but I want to do something for all over stretching - so my latest idea is a yoga or pilates DVD to do at home.

Has anyone got any ideas for which DVD to choose, or any other suggestions for what I can do? I've been advised not to go swimming for a while as I can only do breaststroke and that might damage my shoulder more.

Comments