Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

anti-wrinkle/anti-ageing products

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering at what age people usually start using anti-wrinkle or anti-ageing creams? I'm 18 (19 next month) and found a tub of Lancome anti-wrinkle cream and put it on and my face feels so much smoother! Just wondered if I start using it now will it do any damage?

Comments

• Options
    The sun will probably damage skin more then anything else so if you're using stuff to protect your skin form the sun will probably help you in the long term.
  • Options
    i work for a cosmetics company and we say that you should usually start using anti-aging stuff between 21 and 23. It really depends on your type of skin and how much exposure you get to the sun etc etc. personally i think they are just trying to con more people into buying the products lol!

hope this helps :)
  • Options
    use it if you like it and it makes your skin feel nice. Thats about as much as you can ask for in a face cream isnt it.
  • Options
    I've started this year using Re-Generation by Simple (I'm 23). It contains SPF15 so even if the other so-called "active" ingredients don't work it will at least protect me from sun damage and it works as a moisturiser.
  • Options
    hana wrote: »
    i work for a cosmetics company and we say that you should usually start using anti-aging stuff between 21 and 23. It really depends on your type of skin and how much exposure you get to the sun etc etc. personally i think they are just trying to con more people into buying the products lol!

hope this helps :)
    I'm a bit late then!

Personally I think if you moisturise (with SPF protection) and it'll keep your skin soft, smooth and elastic.
  • Options
    Asta wrote: »
    Personally I think if you moisturise (with SPF protection) and it'll keep your skin soft, smooth and elastic.

:yes:

A good sunscreen and moisturiser (good doesn't necessarily = expensive - I picked up some nivea soft (£1.50ish for the smaller tube) on recommendation from here and it works better than anything else I've tried) and you're good to go. Add that to a good diet and no fags, and you'll do the best you can for your skin.

Wrinkle creams are basically just bad science trying to steal your money.
  • Options
    Wrinkle creams are basically just bad science trying to steal your money.

:yes: I don't know whether to slap or pity those who buy into the pentapeptides thing... Often the active ingredients in products aren't in a significant quantity to make a difference.

I use a cream with an SPF factor to protect from UVA and UVB rays, but other than that, I just try to eat well and drink lots of water.