Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wardrobe essencials

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what are your wardrobe essencial items and it what quanties?

i.e. if you say black jeans are 1 pair enough or do you need more?

i get my very last amount of clothing allowance soon, so i really want to make it count...i've got £150 ish

Comments

• Options
    well im learning this at the moment as im packing for my year abroad! im havin 1 pair black jeans, 1 pair boyfriend jeans, 1 pair going out jeans, lots of top, cardigans and things, with winter coming layers matter. I'd just say lots of things you can mix and match.
  • Options
    My basics are a good few white vest tops. A good jacket. A couple of good, comfy go with everything cardis/hoodies. A good pair of browny coloured combats, some cords and some comfy jeans. Don't forget if you keep everything simple enough you can spice it up with accessories creating may different styles and looks using similar or the same clothes.

That's just a basic wardrobe - you should see my actual wardrobe!!
  • Options
    2 pairs of jeans, one pair of black trousers.

about 5 or 6 casual tops like l/s tshirts , a top or two that could be smartish or could be worn casually too, then you could wear it with the black trousers if you wanted to be smart like out for a meal or something.
    Pair of trainers, pair of black shoes, like some of those pumps that are smart enough that you could wear them out, but dont spend too much money cos youll probably wear the trainers 95% of the time.
  • Options
    4 pairs of jeans and lots of tshirts..and about 5 going out tops..oh and 3 sweaters
  • Options
    1 pair of skinny jeans, 1 bootcut pair, and another. Several casual style tops, a couple of band t-shirts, a couple of white vest tops, about 3 cardigans, a comfy hoody, a chunky brown belt. Shoes wise, probably a couple of pairs of pumps; one black one brown, 2 pairs of heals, and i pair of smart black shoes.

That sounds like a hell of a lot 'essencials', but they're the kind of things I end up wearing on a day to day basis.
  • Options
    i think everyone needs a head band and come cool jewelry...definatly one pair of black jeans, one pair of dark boot cut and one pair of ripped jeans...chuck taylors are also a must
  • Options
    a few dresses are my essentials. I actually have a few the same, so that I don't have to think about what to wear. People think I am actually wearing the same clothes for a week though, but seeing as I don't smell- that's fine by me. Dresses are easy because you don't have to find stuff that goes, like with trousers you need to have a suitable top, or combination of tops. I've been really lazy with how I dress recently though. Probably not the best person to get fashion ideas off! lol
  • Options
    what the hell are chuck taylors?
  • Options
    One pair of dark skinny jeans, one pair of lighter jeans that can be worn with boots or trainers, one pair of other jeans. One pair of smart black trousers, one dark knee-length skirt. 2 zip-up tops/cardigans (one heavier, one lighter for different temperatures). 5 day tops, 2 night tops (that will go with the bottoms you chose) One pair of trainers, one pair of high-heeled shoes/boots, one pair of pretty flats comfy enough to walk a while in. Flipflops optional according to weather.
    That's basically what I took on my year abroad and it all fitted in my suitcase with extra room for hairdryer etc.. only 18kg so just about tolerable with Ryanair!
    But it's hard being a girl :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have this horrible habit of only buying clothes that a cool individual items, if you get what I mean. The result is a load of shit that doesn't go together, and absolutely none of the basics that you're supposed to wear them with.

But anyway:
    1 dark suit (black or grey 2 or 3 button)
    1 white shirt
    1 light blue shirt
    1 black tie
    1 navy tie
    1 pair of work trousers
    1 black belt
    1 canvas belt
    1 pair of pulling pants
    Several pairs of "new shoe" socks to stop the rubbing
    1 pair black shoes
    A few different pairs blue jeans
    1 pair white trainers
    1 silver watch
    1 gold watch
    1 80's-related t-shirt (currently loads though)
    1 hungover hat
    1 pair of sunglasses for people with small heads
    1 light jacket
    1 proper coat that looks okay with a suit
    1 lounging around/can't afford the electric bill sweater
  • Options
    what the hell are chuck taylors?

converse i assume.