Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eyebrows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you groom your eyebrows?

Mine are dark and I've been plucking them for years. In fact I may have overdone it a bit and I'm currently trying to grow a few bits back in to thicken them up.

My auntie gets hers threaded which looks really nice and clean but not good when they're growing back.

Do you have yours thin or thick? When I was about 14 I had really thin ones, that was the fashion! It makes me laugh when I see people who shave them completely off and then draw them back on.

Comments

• Options
    I overdid the plucking when I was about 14, and now its too late- they wont grow back! They're ok, just kinda thin. If I had the chance to grow them back I definitely would
  • Options
    I wax mine to shape them as well as get rid of any stragglers because I started out with enormous dark monstrosities that looked more like an out of place 'tache. I keep mine medium sized, because I don't like it when they are too thick, but I don't want to go too thin in case they dont grow back! It does look a bit of a mess in between but its getting to the stage where they are growing back less, so its not so bad any more.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    How do you groom your eyebrows?

Mine are dark and I've been plucking them for years. In fact I may have overdone it a bit and I'm currently trying to grow a few bits back in to thicken them up.

My auntie gets hers threaded which looks really nice and clean but not good when they're growing back.

Do you have yours thin or thick? When I was about 14 I had really thin ones, that was the fashion! It makes me laugh when I see people who shave them completely off and then draw them back on.
    Ive never had to pluck mine - mine are neat. Now and again if im having a grooming session ill use a old toothbrush and brush em.
  • Options
    I use the natural shape of mine and just pluck them to make them neat. I want to change the shape of them because they aren't symmetrical, but I can imagine I would just get bored very quickly if I tried to do it by plucking them.
  • Options
    I've got very light eyebrows and have never had to pluck them. I simply use a clear mascara to brush them into shape. If I'm going out I'll darken them with the correct tools! Any 'stray' hairs are pretty much invisible. I often get complimented on my eybrows.

My mum's been telling me since I was a teenager to never ever pluck them because I'll regret it and be stuck doing it forever more. Her eyebrows need plucking every other day or so, but she's dark skinned and has/had black hair.
  • Options
    I get mine waxed and dyed because they're very pale.
  • Options
    I dont know whats happened to mine. A month ago they were looking really nice, now they look like they dont belong to my face- even though i've plucked them the same. I think i'll go and get them threaded- there's a salon at the end of my road that does it for £3
  • Options
    I pluck mine.

They're not thick, not thin, just right, I hope lol :]

My friend is asian, so has dark hairs and gets hers threaded. She swears by it. I prefer to have them waxed 'cause it doesn't hurt compared with plucking, but I'm 1) too lazy to go and 2) embarrassed when walking home with red blobs above my eyes :P x
  • Options
    I pluck mine. They've never been huge, and I'm lucky because I have really dark hair but my eyebrows are only pale brown.

Don't think I'd get them waxed because it's a lot of effort just for a tiny area like eyebrows, and it's easy and not all that painful to pluck them. Also there's the few days you have to allow the hair to grow long enough to be waxed.
  • Options
    plucking is like seriously my therapy..i love it when u get a deep rooted hair..it hurts but god damn its satisfying..i dont have mine pencil thing...i actually follow the brow bone and just have them kinda medium width i guess. i prefer it because it opens up my eyes
  • Options
    i do nothing to mine, they look fine and im lazy.
  • Options
    I have to pluck mine. If I didn't I'd look like the lost member of Oasis :(

I used to have them really thin, before I came to my senses, and now they're sort of mediumish.

My mum used to tell me if I over-plucked them they'd never grow back. Lies! I've been plucking them over 10 years now and the extra bits REFUSE to fuck off :(
  • Options
    i get mine threaded, i prefer the shape with it. i swore i would never do it again after the first time but it's addictive.
  • Options
    I pluck mine and I'd say they are about medium thickness.
  • Options
    I used to have them threaded, but found that when they regrew they looked horrible. Now i get them waxed and the lady does them perfectly! I have NEVER had them too thin, i keep them medium to medium thin which looks ok on me.
  • Options
    I dont anything with mine, I dont see the need.
  • Options
    I had them waxed when I was 14 and have kept them tidy with tweezers ever since. I've got a naturally 'glamorous' 1940's shape, so they're thicker and then thinner, with a strong arch. I love them :)

It drives me crazy when people say they don't see the need - natural eyebrows are okay on children, but there's no excuse when you're old enough to care about your appearance imo. Everyone's eyebrows look better when they're defined and shaped.
  • Options
    From the girl who thinks braids look childish!

I braid my hair and leave my eyebrows natural. And, guess what- I think I'm beautiful, so kiss my black ass.
  • Options
    I wax them every now and again. Had them done for a couple years when I was younger and living in a cheap town, now I do them when I can be bothered to do it. The stuff that grows in is blonde so it really doesn't matter much. They are kinda funny shaped, but whatever. I just wax under the part closest to the nose on the bottom. Any more than that is just way too much effort. Every time I go home my mom asks if she can tweeze them for me... weird.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    From the girl who thinks braids look childish!

I braid my hair and leave my eyebrows natural. And, guess what- I think I'm beautiful, so kiss my black ass.

:lol:

Braids as in two plaits on either side of the head? Or one long plait? Or lots of little plaits?

Some people can get away with doing nothing to their eyebrows, I would look awful.
  • Options
    It drives me crazy when people say they don't see the need - natural eyebrows are okay on children, but there's no excuse when you're old enough to care about your appearance imo. Everyone's eyebrows look better when they're defined and shaped.

Why let what other people do with their eyebrows upset you or drive you crazy? Surely there are far better things to spent your time getting wound up about?
  • Options
    I'm a makeup artist by trade, so I'm automatically drawn to looking at people's faces!! I study people when I'm out and about, and sometimes I get so passionate about how good someone COULD look if only they would sort out their eyebrows... What can I say, I love transformations!
  • Options
    I'm a makeup artist by trade, so I'm automatically drawn to looking at people's faces!! I study people when I'm out and about, and sometimes I get so passionate about how good someone COULD look if only they would sort out their eyebrows... What can I say, I love transformations!

To be fair though, my eyebrows are perfect the way they are!
  • Options
    I can never be bothered to pluck my eyebrows so I usually resemble some kind of gorilla in the eye department. Ilora, it's probably best if you just don't look at me :yes:
  • Options
    I can never be bothered to pluck my eyebrows so I usually resemble some kind of gorilla in the eye department. Ilora, it's probably best if you just don't look at me :yes:
    Hehe, I'm fully trained in the plucking department ;)
  • Options
    Ha, you're welcome to do them. I can just never be bothered to myself.
  • Options
    How do you pronounce plait? I'm thinking like dinner plate.
  • Options
    How do you pronounce plait? I'm thinking like dinner plate.
    It's pronounced 'Platt' :)
  • Options
    Rhymes with flat?

Thanks.:thumb:
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    :lol:

Braids as in two plaits on either side of the head? Or one long plait? Or lots of little plaits?

Took me twelve hours but I have micro braids down to my waist.