Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

implant in arm is getting sore...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
had it in since january, and it occationally gets itchy, but over the last few days it's been getting sore...it's not red or itchy now, and not sore to the touch either

worth worrying about or not?

Comments

• Options
    If it doesnt look infected you shouldt worry too much, but maybe worth mentioning it either next time you go to the Drs or make an appointment to see the nurses during familiy planning clinics if they do them.

I dont know much about the implant, but it could be thats its moved postion slighly and aggrivated the surrounding tissue.
  • Options
    its possibly just got itself caught slightly

i've had mine in nearly 3 years now (need to get it out in november :nervous: ) and have occassionally managed to hurt myself by getting it stuck at an awkward angle (don't ask me how!)

it should be fine but any concerns speak to your doctor :)
  • Options
    *cringe*
  • Options
    yeah i'm not looking forward to having it out....only a two inch scar tho
  • Options
    Is it under your arm, or on the outside of your upper arm? Sorry, have never seen or met anyone with one of these. I think the others are right though, if it's red, inflammed, itchy, or you're just not sure, a quick trip to the docs will tell you what's what.
  • Options
    ...only a two inch scar tho

Only? You can have hip replacements that only leave a 2 inch scar these days :eek2:

If it worries you, get it checked. Nurse appointment should do it, and they're generally easier to get appointments with :)
  • Options
    yeah cos they have to litrally cut it out of your arm...not nice...

it's ok today, if it comes back then i'll go have it checked...
  • Options
    yeah cos they have to litrally cut it out of your arm...not nice...

:eek: That has completly put me off ever having one.

Although I have wondered before how they where removed.
  • Options
    it on the inside of the arm...i'll double check though....it's better than having a coil fitted and then removed though!
  • Options
    I assume there is some sort of lump (where the implant is) is this really noticeable?
  • Options
    not really, unless you poke it and rub the arm. i can only just feel mine through a t-shirt but you can't see where it is...
  • Options
    it on the inside of the arm...i'll double check though....it's better than having a coil fitted and then removed though!

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh BIG CRINGE
  • Options
    yeah i'm not looking forward to having it out....only a two inch scar tho

Don't they just take it out of the same size hole they put it in through?
  • Options
    you maybe just knocked it on something, the skin/flesh might be bruised inside, I wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't last more than a few days.
  • Options
    but they inject it the can out-ject it
  • Options
    No, they local anaesthetic it up again, make a tiny cut and whip it out with tweezers as far as I know.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    No, they local anaesthetic it up again, make a tiny cut and whip it out with tweezers as far as I know.

Yup. I can feel mine thorugh a tshirt, but get panicky when i cant find it lol.
  • Options
    Yeah don't worry the scar shouldn't be that big! I'm sure they just cut near one end and pull...its in the subcutaneous layer so shouldn't cause much damage.
  • Options
    now that sounds much better!
  • Options
    I just feel eurgh thinking about it happening though, can they not just leave it in there?! I'm a woss.
  • Options
    nope, not if they are going to put a new one in, and having foreign bodies (not like that!) in your body is not a good idea...if they no longer have a use
  • Options
    nope, not if they are going to put a new one in, and having foreign bodies (not like that!) in your body is not a good idea...if they no longer have a use

True, I do love the implant idea though, my memory is absolutely appaling!
  • Options
    Digusting i feel weak just thinking about it. Think the contapective injection would be better in out and voila ur done :D
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote: »
    Digusting i feel weak just thinking about it. Think the contapective injection would be better in out and voila ur done :D

Which would be fine for me, but I wouldn't remember to get one every couple of months.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote: »

I guess it depends on the person, to me the injection didn't sound good with the whole 3 months and youre stuck with the side effects, thinning of the bones, up to a year before normal cycle returns...