Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lack of motivation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I've got a problem. I can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for working out now. I used to work out almost every day since before I started uni, swimming, running, weights etc etc. But now I find it difficult to even go out for a run. It doesn't help that I'm sat in 35 degree heat every day, but even going to the pool is an effort. I'm definitely getting fatter, my cardio fitness is non-existant now, and I haven't touched a weight for about a year. Give me a kick up the arse please!

Comments

• Options
    Start out gently
    Ok, so I've got a problem. I can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for working out now. I used to work out almost every day since before I started uni, swimming, running, weights etc etc. But now I find it difficult to even go out for a run. It doesn't help that I'm sat in 35 degree heat every day, but even going to the pool is an effort. I'm definitely getting fatter, my cardio fitness is non-existant now, and I haven't touched a weight for about a year. Give me a kick up the arse please!

Yes, I know what you're talking about. Keeping up motivation is sometimes half the work. My advise would be that you start out gently, because heading into an everyday programme could easily be detrimental to motivation.
    As for cardio, perhaps something more interesting than just running would suit? Tennis?

Btw, sorry there's no kick arse smiley here :p Also, give me a kick, I haven't been to the gym this week either...
  • Options
    feel my boot in your ass. I like fitday.com Keeping a record and setting axheivable short and long term targets will help you get back on track.