Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing the fat from stomach

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and the sides - does anyone know the best excercises for this that can be done at home?

Comments

• Options
    and the sides - does anyone know the best excercises for this that can be done at home?

Anything cardio - recommend HIIT training.

Really, you'll have to start pounding the pavement. Get those running shoes on.

YOu can't spot-reduce fat, I'm afraid. You have to burn it off the whole body.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Anything cardio - recommend HIIT training.

Really, you'll have to start pounding the pavement. Get those running shoes on.

YOu can't spot-reduce fat, I'm afraid. You have to burn it off the whole body.

Speedy reply, thanks :D

Is there anything I can do then to help tone up those areas?
  • Options
    Speedy reply, thanks :D

Is there anything I can do then to help tone up those areas?

Crunches. Leg raises etc.

Any core work will firm up those areas (plank/side plank).

http://www.fitstep.com/Library/Exercises/Crunches.htm

There are 3 or 4 detailed on there, but there are LOADS of variations. If you buy this month's Men's Fitness magazine, there is a pull out with 72 of the buggers :)

ETA - without shifting the body fat on top of the muscle, you won't really see any change.
  • Options
    1) Your diet will be the most important factor in this. As a friend of mine said, you can't outrun your mouth :D I'll be happy give you a general lowdown of your diet if you post everything you eat in an average day (including alcohol). Eat well, balance your meals with protein, good carbs and good fat, and snack on healthy things in between. You should never feel hungry throughout the day, and eating this way will stabilise your blood sugar making you less likely to crave sugary things.

2) Lift weights. No, you will not turn into the hulk :D Lift heavy, lift every other day or so to give your body time to recover, and get into some power lifting moves, like deadlifts and squats. If you're going to be doing any exercise, I'd recommend doing the weights :yes:

3) Cardio. Cardio is generally quite overrated for fat loss, but it's still good fun to do, especially if you vary the intensity like in HIIT.

4) Read this website and banish the word tone from your vocab forever! :D
  • Options
    I'm sorry this is totally irrelevant but do you realise that because you have 22 posts the top of the your posts reads "The Messiah Is... Two Little Ducks" :lol:
  • Options
    chuckle (at the ducks thing)