Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scientology to be sued

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The sources are mainly in Dutch and French at the moment, but here's a translation. Can't wait for this to happen. They deserve everything they get in my opinion, for peddling their bullshit and conning vulnerable people out of their money.

Comments

• Options
    one word

coool
  • Options
    haha that is brilliant
  • Options
    can't wait for the trial LOL
  • Options
    Tom cruize will so be a character witness
  • Options
    10 quid says he breaks down in the witness box and says he was brain washed...he never was a good actor...
  • Options
    10 quid says he breaks down in the witness box and says he was brain washed...he never was a good actor...

i duno how they're gona bring in his giant closet :lol:
  • Options
    i duno how they're gona bring in his giant closet :lol:

Get John Travolta to help him. He's got experience lugging a big closet around. :lol:
  • Options
    excellent. hopefully here begins europe making a stand against this madness.
  • Options

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    how are they any different from the many other religions that you don?t seem to have a problem with?
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    how are they any different from the many other religions that you don?t seem to have a problem with?

Other religions are free and rely on voluntary contributions. Scientology doesn't.
  • Options

Where on earth did you get the idea that people around here don't have problems with other religions? :confused:
  • Options

Longevity.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Other religions are free and rely on voluntary contributions. Scientology doesn't.

Yeah but Scientology doesnt tell people to go arond stoning people, or to burn witch's, nobody is forced into Scientology, so why not just leave them to do what they want?
  • Options
    so why not just leave them to do what they want?

It's a fraudulent scam that's why.
  • Options
    It's a fraudulent scam that's why.

as are all the main religions, so you want to have them all shut down as well?
  • Options

How much does it cost you to go to Church, listen to a priest and read the Bible? Fuck all, there is no obligation to give money to the Church.

Scientology on the other hand, you go through stages of development. The more you pay, the more you learn. It's a croc of shit, no different than any shady pyramid scheme or e-mail that says "you've won 10 million pounds, I just need some of your money first so it can get wired to you."
  • Options
    Shame we cannot sue all religions for spreading their evil brainwashing bullshit.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    Shame we cannot sue all religions for spreading their evil brainwashing bullshit.

You can.
  • Options
    how come you seem to disagree with everything,

scientology IS NOT like all other religions, it relys on money to join, to run or to "believe" in, it's a scam
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »

I dont disagree with everything
  • Options

Lol.

I hope that was intentional.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »

scientology IS NOT like all other religions, it relys on money to join, to run or to "believe" in, it's a scam

All religions purport complete nonsense. The Scientologists have money as their bugaboo, the Catholic Church have fiddling kids, it's all much-of-a-much. They're all as bent as each other.
  • Options
    the Catholic Church have fiddling kids.

You really can be a plank sometimes you know that?
  • Options
    You really can be a plank sometimes you know that?

I can be plank most of the time. :p

My issue is that people make a big deal out of Scientologists taking money as a - possibly fundamental - part of their religion. The Catholics (Muslims and all the others) require you to believe and subscribe to fantastical nonsense to join their club - i don't really draw distinction between each.
  • Options
    My issue is that people make a big deal out of Scientologists taking money as a - possibly fundamental - part of their religion. The Catholics (Muslims and all the others) require you to believe and subscribe to fantastical nonsense to join their club - i don't really draw distinction between each.

You don't see a distinction, so you think the beliefs in Scientology aren't "fantastical nonsense?" Have you heard of Xenu?

Anyhoo, the difference is that all of them expect you to believe and follow their system, but scientology will charge you money to gain knowledge on these beliefs. It's a scam.
  • Options
    you disagree with alot of posts,

most of the time this makes you look like an idiot as they're the most stupid disagreements ever, LIKE this one :rolleyes:

anyway you either disagree because you want to look cool/individual or your just a moron.
  • Options
    You don't see a distinction, so you think the beliefs in Scientology aren't "fantastical nonsense?" Have you heard of Xenu?

have you ever heard of water into wine/feed 5,000, healing the sick, Lazurus? need I go on?

Every religion is based on fantastical nonsense IMHO
    Anyhoo, the difference is that all of them expect you to believe and follow their system, but scientology will charge you money to gain knowledge on these beliefs. It's a scam.

And that is the point which you should be arguing.
  • Options
    have you ever heard of water into wine/feed 5,000, healing the sick, Lazurus? need I go on?

Every religion is based on fantastical nonsense IMHO

Ok and can you point out where I said it wasn't fantastical nonsense?
    And that is the point which you should be arguing.

Erm...ok. :confused:
  • Options
    Think I need to pay more attention to the thread of an argument. Carry on Mr Scrote