Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How well do you get on with the folks?

C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes my parents drive me absolutely crrrazzzy :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We headed out in London to ask some peeps how they got on with their parents.

Check it out . . . .

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quite well since they moved to Greece :)
  • Options
    Never got on with them, they screamed a lot at me for no reason - they don't earn much so having me was too much of a financial strain, plus a lot of stress/pressure wanting to be top of the class etc. I've been completely independent since starting uni age 18, rented in that city for the whole time, rarely ever go back. Not in much contact with them now, no loss.
  • Options
    i get on fine with them
  • Options
    Great, now they're dead :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    :eek:
  • Options

hug.gif
  • Options
    Parents....eesh.

My parents are.....okish i guess. In small doses, they're great. In big doses, they can be painful and tiring.

The main thing is that...well...they never seem to be satisfied with what i do. If i'm not thinking, then i'm not talking properly, or i'm not being considerate, or whatever's the flavour of the day this time around. Plus, they seem to have this bee in their bonnet about how no matter what, they're always right, and i'm always wrong, for some reason.

What i find strange is that a lot of the problems they seem to have with me, nboody else at all seems to have...i don't know why. :P

Another thing about my parents, is that they seem to have a big push for political correctness. Basically, in a lot of situations with them, if you don't think, say, and do exactly the way they want you to, then you're in shit. Why? I don't know.

Other than that, they're great...you just gotta live within their limits and remember that they're the big guns in town, and you're not. :P
  • Options
    I get on better with my parents when I dont live with them.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I get on better with my parents when I dont live with them.

Same here, I always got along with my dad but my mom and I were always at eachothers throats. Now I call them almost every day and havn't had a bad word with them in ages!
    Though if I visit for more than a weekend it starts to get up there :p
  • Options
    Basically, in a lot of situations with them, if you don't think, say, and do exactly the way they want you to, then you're in shit. Why? I don't know.

Do they post on the P&D boards here ?
  • Options

Perfect :heart::heart:
  • Options
    Me and my mum get on well until she starts getting all worried and paranoid about what I'm up to and stuff then the arguments start.

Me and my dad are too alike so when we get along it's great but when we fight it's not good.

I love them both and respect them both but they do both do my head in !
  • Options
    I get on alright with my Dad, but he's laid back and stays out of things.

With my Mum it's a different story. She's very stressy and always shouts which drives me mad. She can't take a joke which doesn't help and I can't say anything without hearing a big sigh from her, it's always wrong whatever I say.
  • Options

I doubt it...for them, even turning a computer ON is a major challenge, let alone engaging in political debates on internet forums :lol:
  • Options
    I get on with both if them to a point. But they have done things in the past that makes me not trust them.
  • Options
    Same here, I always got along with my dad but my mom and I were always at eachothers throats. Now I call them almost every day and havn't had a bad word with them in ages!
    Though if I visit for more than a weekend it starts to get up there :p

:yes:

I move back out in a week! Alle fecking ujah!
  • Options
    i still live at home and get on well with both m parents, thank god!
  • Options
    I get on with them better at this moment in time than I have done for a long while. For the last couple of years since I found my own two feet at 15 have been a nightmare. I am their youngest and they just couldn't let go imo, in their opinion I was too young for everything I wanted to do. But I'm strong willed and did what ever I wanted. Very disrespectful; but hey can't change that now. Have cooled off now and things are OK at the moment, have been for the last 4/5 months but a lot has gone on in our family and still is and it has made us all stick and bond together.

mm yeah, what an essay!
  • Options
    Really well since I grew up and got over myself, and they retired and went ever-so-slightly insane.

They both have the tendency to be very annoying, but endearing with it, and they'd do anything for me. Can't ask for more than that. Except they could buy me a pony. I've been pushing that one for decades, and it remains fruitless :(
  • Options
    I get on better with my parents than with people my own age.
    I live at home, just me mum and dad...Me and my mum are practically sisters/best friends, and my dad's just sort of 'there' in the background.

I'm too emotionally dependant on them, and I think my mum's too dependant on my company so it's going to be weird when I do eventually move out and get my own life (won't be until I've finished my degree, I'll be 24 aaah)
  • Options
    Haven't lived with them for a long while.

I get on well with my dad, always end up talking business and similar.

My mum has mental health issues. We get on well, but she can be very frustrating at times...
  • Options
    Since I grew up it's been loads better. Wish I was a bit closer to my dad though. I just don't really know how to bond with him.
  • Options
    I've learned how to get on with my Mam. We had a massive falling out two years ago and didn't speak for the best part of 18 months and it was only last Christmas when I swallowed my pride and started building some bridges.

She's the polar opposite of me though, I'm an emotional boy by my own admission but if I called her and was upset down the phone then she'd probably tell me to "snap out of it" or something. It keeps me balanced out though. I'm still the black sheep though, she's not getting any younger and I'd just love to make her right proud of me one day like she is of my brothers and sister.

My Dad I maybe get on with better. We can banter about football and that, and since he's been ill I've naturally grown closer to him. I think he wants the best for me too, but I'm not sure he's got that much faith in me.

So to sum up, one day I hope to make them as proud of me as I am of them.