Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are you weird?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you see yourself as weird?

I was sat there the other day, dazing into random nothingness and suddenly it dawned on me. "Shit! maybe I'm weird and don't actually know about it. At the end of the day, 'me being me', it's 'all I know!' and I've never 'known' any different!" What if I did weird things and didn't realize they were weird because of this? Then I thought that in fact, maybe it isn't even possible to be 'weird' I mean, is there such a thing as normal either? Whats normal? and whats weird? Aren't both just descriptions of actions/thoughts alien to that of your own ideals? Calling someone weird, isn't it really down to them being a different person? Not really a weird one?

example. Is it weird someone asking such a question?

Comments

• Options
    :eek2: Weirdo.
  • Options
    Its all subjective to be honest, I consider myself a bit strange, just because I have a very giddy outlook on life and can be a bit girly and laugh lots at things that most people wouldnt find funny, my parents used to call it my funny 5 minutes.

Apparently though according to my friends I'm mormal, so hey as long as you are happy and not hurting anyone carry on as you are.
  • Options

Apparently though according to my friends I'm mormal, so hey as long as you are happy and not hurting anyone carry on as you are.

Being mormal doesn't sound normal to me :p
  • Options
    Heavy night? lol
  • Options
    Being mormal doesn't sound normal to me

You see, that sort of humour could come accross weird! You frickin weirdo!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Heavy night? lol

Too many Uni essays I think mate... :banghead:

I think its a fair question tho!
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    You see, that sort of humour could come accross weird! You frickin weirdo!

Elaborate on how? Maybe you're the weird one thinking that being MORMAL is NORMAL behaviour.
  • Options
    See, to me 'weird' is just another adjective. The severity of any adjective is dependent on person to person and that's what makes the world such a diverse and interesting place.

I don't think I am weird that much, but I have moments of perhaps chatting nonsense, but I am pretty grounded despite what some of my mates think or my family. I know what matters to me, but I can let go and just have a nutty moment or seven.

If I didn't I'd go off my tits on the monotiny of life. I couldn't hack not having a bit of abnormality to break up the hum drum. Anyone couldn't IMHO.

If you spend your days being so self conscious life will whizz by you. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, thank you please.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Elaborate on how? Maybe you're the weird one thinking that being MORMAL is NORMAL behaviour.

again, weirdo! :p
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    If you spend your days being so self conscious life will whizz by you. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, thank you please.

It was just a passing thought, an angle I'd not thought about, its happening alot lately man! Dunnah why!
  • Options
    You have to be "special" to be mormal you know !!
  • Options
    You have to be "special" to be mormal you know !!

You keep telling yourself that :p
  • Options
    What the fuck? lol
  • Options
    I pride myself on being weird. Normal people bore me!
  • Options
    Sounds like you might have been at the wackey backey :D

I think everyone has different ideas of people who are weird, some people might find trainspotters weird others wont.