Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bit of advice needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
forgot to take my pill, only once but also, because of been on holiday, i didn't have a regular time at which i took the pill. i slept with my bf without using any other protection.

i've had a period, but it was late and lasted only 2 days. i've been on the pills for about a year and half - 2 years now and from day one have always started on the same day and its always lasted for the same length of time.

also, i've had a bit of 'spotting' since my period ended, along with stomach pains.

i really don't think i could be pregnant, the chances are so small, but just want peoples advice on what this could be, too stop me worrying really.

i hope this post makes some sense.

cheers everyone.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    As you say, there is only a small chance that you're pregnant but still a chance none the less - unless you followed the steps for missing the pill which it doesn't sound like you did:

Missing the combined pill

Missing the progestogen only pill

The one thing that is likely to put your mind at rest is to take a pregnancy test as TheSite's Q&A on predicting pregnancy says that a shorter or lighter bleed can be a sign you're pregnant. If you're not pregnant then your GP should be able to advise you on why your period is irregular.

I'm sorry I'm unable to fully reassure you, but let us know how you get on.

Take good care of yourself :)
  • Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that for some women, their periods only last 2 days.
  • Options
    we're going to buy a test at weekend just to be sure. cheers everyone. :)