Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

One thing you're proud of in life.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This thread is in no way intended as a dig towards NeoNero, in case anyone's getting ideas... what is the one thing in your life that you are most proud of?

My answer? Despite me constantly talking about dreading and fearing university, I am actually very proud of the fact that I've applied to go at all, and have still persisted after last year's setbacks. I was going to be the first in my family to go to university, but I'll now be sharing that 'honour', if you can call it that, with my sister. :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend not to try and bask in things that I've done. I'd rather use them as stepping stones to do even better thing. I suppose my final year film was pretty good, but equally, I know that I could improve on it, so that's my focus rather than pride in it (I don't even like watching it). As for education, I just see it as a means to an end. In my opinion, I haven't achieved anything yet.
  • Options
    I don't know what I'm proudest of at the moment, probably getting to go to summer camp and work as a counsellor for 2 months in America.
  • Options
    Im sure there was a thread like this the other day :chin:

Anyway, Im proud of popping out a nearly 9lb baby with just gas and air after being told I probably wouldn't be able to do it because my pelvis had split.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Glittery wrote: »

:yes: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=119166
  • Options
    The main thing I'm proud of is overcoming my shyness in certain situations. I'm still a bit of a wimp but I'm getting much better at trying things that scare me and facing my fears a bit more.
  • Options
    Getting a degree :D

Not proud that I'm still working in a bar :grump:
  • Options
    Great. Now I'm thinking of that fucking M People song. :mad:
  • Options
    I'm proud of myself for being who I am. I'm proud of myself for learning how to run a business, getting good grades at school and having a good relationship with the people around me.

On a silly note- I'm really proud of myself at training class when my dog listens to what I ask him to do!
  • Options
    Great. Now I'm thinking of that fucking M People song. :mad:
    It was actually a Heather Small solo song :p
  • Options
    Passing my A Levels and spending a year in another country.
  • Options
    Getting onto a postgrad course with an international repuation which i start next month.
  • Options
    Passing my A-Levels and getting into University. To be honest I'm not really proud of that, I just don't know what else to put. I'm not proud of anything much I have done, just happy that I have done it, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Me.
  • Options
    My bum.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »

:yes: it was miiiiiiiine :wave:
  • Options
    tidied my room and found a 10er

elected :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    z- wrote: »
    tidied my room and found a 10er

elected :thumb:
    Pffft. I looked around in my room (not really tidying, just searching) and I found 285 dollars.
    Not something I'm proud of actually, just showing off. :p
  • Options
    Having an internationally regonised accounting qualification at 21. And for having a pretty good career so far despite point blank refusing to go to uni and having okay A levels.
  • Options
    Beating serious depression and getting a good degree from a top university.

And getting married.
  • Options
    The fact that in two-weeks-and-two-days I will be going to University, because with all the shit that I went through to get to this point, I never thought I'd actually make it :D.
  • Options
    I'm proud of not letting the twats beat me, having the last laugh, and becoming happy with my life, having the best friends anyone could ever ask for, and finally finding a career.

hi btw :wave:
  • Options
    Getting a B in English Lit AS! After finding it really hard and hating it sometimes for a year. And getting an A on the resit that I just scraped a pass in in January! I honestly thought I wouldn't get anymore than a D overall! I was only predicted a C too!
  • Options
    Getting through what I have done and achieving what I have done. I still can't believe sometimes that I have a Law degree. I would have never have thought it at the time when I was going through so much shit. Whenever I tell my friends what I've been through, they are stunned and tell me that they couldn't have done it.

I've also changed so much in the past year or so. I'm a completely different person and I'm really fucking happy :D