Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you ever cried about something REALLY stupid?

I suppose this topic will appeal more to girlies, you know, when the hormones are all over the place :D

I was just having a big rant cos theres absolutely nothing to eat in my house and I felt tears coming out! I have no idea why! haha then I was thinking to myself 'what the fuck are you crying for?'.

So make me feel better and share your being soft stories :p

Comments

• Options
    I cried after sex with my ex boyfriend once..compleeeeeeetely out the blue..that was fun.

yeah i cry at least once a week and my mum asks what i'm upset about and it comes out like 'i sobb donno wahhh'
  • Options
    I was in a team bonding meeting last week, and we all had to write down five things about somebody else on the team, most people just wrote silly stuff like "he's got big feet" or "she's always skiving" but the guy who did me got the wrong idea and wrote five really nice compliments about me, and when they got read out I went bright red. After the team meeting I went into the toilets and had a proper cry and that! I just wasn't used to people saying shit like that I think, even if it was forced :blush:

I think when I came back people sort of knew where I'd been and what I'd been doing but didn't let on :o

I can never cry over important stuff these days though. Just at Disney films and epic love songs :no:
  • Options
    awwwh bri! it sounds like something we had to do in a therapy session..someone said that if they had a daughter they wished that they were like me..that got me going when i got back to my room.
  • Options
    Being socially conditioned into a masculine role has meant I haven't cried since I was about 4 years old or something :p
  • Options
    X Factor every time and Deal or No Deal:rolleyes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I cry at all sorts of stupid things. I cried because I broke a glass, I cry at the end of TV series, I have cried over burning things.

I have high emotions.
  • Options
    I cry over daft things all the time, like Abbie covering herself in mud 5 minutes after I'd dressed her.

And last night, not being able to find the tin opener.
  • Options
    Not in a while. Used to happen sometimes when I was growing up but that's down to hormones, still get emotional and feel like crying at nothing but you can hold that in. I put it down to stress.
  • Options
    I wish I was 'ard and didn't cry!
  • Options
    I think i've cried more in the past year than i have since i was a baby, i've been on all sorts of hormone tablets and my body has been sooo full of shitty medicines for the fertility treatments i was taking...it was nice being off them for a month. Then it all got soooo much worse!

In the past year i've cried at everything from songs, books, movies, things i've read, thinking of being without the hubby or my cats, arguing with the hubby, seeing people with babies, the apartment, the family (both in laws and my own)...and sooo much more. I'm telling you it was not fun!

And the annoying thing is, i barely used to cry at anything.
  • Options
    I think I've mentioned this before, but I had a proper meaningless sobbing session at my boyfriend's brother's wedding reception last year over NOTHING WHATSOEVER. My boyfriend's mum noticed and called the boyfriend over who kept asking what was wrong and then getting frustrated and not believing me when I said nothing. That was great fun. Bloody hormones.
  • Options
    I can cry quite easily. ESPESCIALLY when I'm drunk. I can sometimes sit there crying and not actually know what I'm crying for too which is strange.

I don't like to cry though and NEVER cry in front of other people. NEVER.
  • Options
    My latest lame cry was at the end of Hell's Kitchen :o
    Just a couple tears, though, in my defense!
  • Options
    Havnt cried in awhile, not over emotional things anyway. I think i cried when i got my face smashed in but i think that was an involentary reaction more than anything. It smarted a bit though. :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes something happens and I just start crying over stuff you'd expect a 7-year-old to cry about. I don't know why.
    The other day I cried because my mum insisted to come in the doctor's office with me. :o
  • Options
    I cry at everything and anything. Lots of films and TV programmes, especially ones with animals being mistreated... I wouldn't particularly call myself a typical animal lover (I like cats and that's about it), but anything like that and I'm sobbing away... I had to stop watching animal hospital (was it called that, the one with rolf harris?) because I'd end up beside myself by the end of it, every week.
    My particular tears trigger is if I'm tired, absolutely anything sets me off then. I've cried so many times in my driving lessons, it's unbelieveable, I've had to explain a few times to my instructor that I'm not genuinely upset, I'm just tired and stressed!
  • Options
    I cry at shit TV. Not proper weeping and wailing, but it has been known for an episode of Trisha (or equal dirge) to get me welling up. Especially the ones where the old man hasn't seen his daughter for 96 years. They get me every time.
  • Options
    If "shedding tears" falls in your definition of crying, then I also cry at emotional moments in movies and TV series. :blush:
  • Options
    I started crying at work the other day because my manager is a bitch and instead of being sympathetic to my I'm-in-so-much-pain-I-can-barely-walk plight, and letting me sit down when there were no customers, she tried to make me do work which didn't exist.

Huzzah.
  • Options
    i cry over nothing lol! i will be fine then all of a sudden i will feel really down and just cry lol! its sooo stupid! and no one ever understands you when you say nothing is wrong!

i also cry if something wont work for me, or if i drop something or get lost in the car!
  • Options
    or get lost in the car!
    How big is your car, that you can get lost in it? :eek2:

:p
  • Options
    i've noticed i cry over a lot more things lately

i've come in from work before and found that no food been done for me and started crying :blush:
  • Options
    How big is your car, that you can get lost in it? :eek2:

• Options
    i cried at that bit in homeward bound where the dogs get stuck in the old mine shaft/well thing nand the old golden retreiever tells the other dog and the cat to just save themselves and leave him there
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    i've noticed i cry over a lot more things lately

i've come in from work before and found that no food been done for me and started crying :blush:

haha! thats what I did today, im so glad it isnt just me. Although I dont expect people to make things for me, the reason i cried was cos on saturday i spent £20 on food (my parents are away) and when i got in from work today there was literally nothing left. i was starving when i got in and all i wanted to do was make myself dinner but there was nothing because my sister and her boyfriend had eaten everything.

ahhh well.
  • Options
    I don't cry that often. Last time I full on cried was when I split up with girlfriend, before that was when my dad died. Sometimes I get a bit teary but it's not wailing, it's like water coming out of eyes and feeling a bit blue.

Sometimes I'm like it after work when I get in, don't know why. Just like to have a bit of space and I'm right as rain though.
  • Options
    I'm a bloke and unfortunately I now cry all the time lol. Infact I cried today..

But stupid things sometimes I nearly cry when I see how happy people are when they win on the stupid x-factor type shows haha.

My hormones are totally fucked at the moment though, too much drug abuse.

I didn't cry for yeares until I was about 18/19 then I started a bit, then I stopped for a few years and now the flood gates are really open..
  • Options
    i cried at that bit in homeward bound where the dogs get stuck in the old mine shaft/well thing nand the old golden retreiever tells the other dog and the cat to just save themselves and leave him there

OH I've forgotten about that movie! It's so sad :(
  • Options
    Depends really whether it's 'That Time of Month'

The sillyest thing I cried about was a few fridays ago I felt sorry for myself because I had no plans that night and my best mate was on holiday and I didn't know what to do .. !

I cry at some films too which can get embarassing if I'm watching it with a lad which is why I try to stick to Action Films.
  • Options
    last time i cried was tears of rage :mad: