Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Volvos always have their lights on? Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    What I want to know is why do companies stop making things I like.

Like Trios, Sara Lee Gateaux, Pretz, Tesco's original Strawberry Crisp recipe, Mountain Dew, Jolly Ranchers, McDonald's Cordon Bleu, McDonald's Salad N' Shake!, Bailey's ice cream tubs at Cineworld, Ribena ice lollies (on the stick), and that liquorice chewing gum in the blue packet.
  • Options
    Volvo's are pre-set to have their light come on as soon as you start the engine. My old mans just bought a Volvo estate. Its supposedly a safety feature, but you can set them so they dont automatically come on, you just need a small screwdriver.
  • Options

Day-lights.
  • Options

It's because they are a Swedish make, and in Scandinavian countries like Sweden, it's dark for most of the year e.t.c.
    Or so I've been told anyway.
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    Day-lights.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Its supposedly a safety feature.

A stupidity feature more like. Having said that, I have got half way down the road without realising my lights aren't on before. But in my defence, it was a very well lit road, so you couldn't really notice.

Going completely off topic, speaking of things I've noticed today, has anyone else noticed how loads of older people go to the newly decorated McDonalds. I was in there today, (it's just been done out in the new style) and you couldn't move for grey hair. I bet these were the same people that have spent the last 20 years saying how shit it is. It's a sad reflection of the human species, that all it takes is a quick change of decor to get a completely different customer base. But the big chairs did look comfortable.
  • Options
    Going completely off topic, speaking of things I've noticed today, has anyone else noticed how loads of older people go to the newly decorated McDonalds. I was in there today, (it's just been done out in the new style) and you couldn't move for grey hair. I bet these were the same people that have spent the last 20 years saying how shit it is. It's a sad reflection of the human species, that all it takes is a quick change of decor to get a completely different customer base. But the big chairs did look comfortable.

The new designed restaurants look much better, the cool seating and the Playstations in the Oxford Street store are great for keeping entertained over lunch.
  • Options
    birds suddenly appear?
  • Options
    what i don't understand is why they don't make them automatic lights, my car has them...all i do is leave it on auto and when it gets dark they come on. Much more practical if you ask me.
  • Options
    It gets worse when you're sat in your dad's volvo in broad day on a tesco carpark with the engine on. Old biddies pointing at the lights, shouting through the window 'your lights are oooooon'. Yeah, no shit sherlock. IT'S A VOLVO.
  • Options
    ah ha ha ha, that's funny.
  • Options
    Lots of cars have that, even non sweedish volvo. I thought most did, either that or what Amira has. My old el cheapo american crunchanator even has that (lights on at start up). WHich is good because I always forget to turn the lights on unless its real dark out. And they've got a law in the county where even in daylight, if its raining your lights have to be on. WHo'd remember that :p

THe ones that get me are the ones where the lights don't shut off right as the car does. See those in the parking lots all the time and I never know if I should tell somebody or not.