Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blisters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Euugghh I have big blisters on my shins :crying:

I'm going out tonight.. is there anything I can put on them to get rid of them? Should I pop them or leave them alone? Will it hurt??

Comments

• Options
    I usually pop mine..but I'm grosse like that.

Not sure if there's any specific kind of cream for them, although I've heard stuff like pile cream reduces these things, along with reducing big baggy eyes!
  • Options
    how did you get blisters on your shins?
    if you pop them won't they be open wounds? maybe not the best thing for a night out.
  • Options
    Popping them will make them heal quicker, but it will leave an open wound, and it does hurt a bit. Best to soak them for a bit in warm water to soften the skin if you're going the pop them. Plasters are your best option I think, but if you're wearing a skirt or something they'll show. How did you manage to get blisters on your shins?!
  • Options
    Hmm maybe I'm using the wrong word :lol:

They were caused by new sandals and are on the back of my ankles. I thought they were my shins :lol:
  • Options
    lol! your shins are the front bit of the bottom of your legs. the boney bit between your knee and your feet. you wally. :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Hmm maybe I'm using the wrong word :lol:

They were caused by new sandals and are on the back of my ankles. I thought they were my shins :lol:

:lol:

I was wondering how the hell you got them on the front of your legs!

Personally I'd pop them (niiiice), and plaster them up.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes I'm a wally :D

I'm gona put a plaster on them and it will hopefully sort itself out, popping or otherwise. ew!
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    I usually pop mine..but I'm grosse like that.

Not sure if there's any specific kind of cream for them, although I've heard stuff like pile cream reduces these things, along with reducing big baggy eyes!

I've not heard of any. I normally leave mine, but last time I did that I went out wearing boots, came home and I have loads of dead skin on the back of my heel. :yuck:
  • Options
    I think its Dr. Scholls who make something called moleskin or second skin... Just a thin padded piece of something to go over blisters and they stick much better and are more comfortable than bandaids, if you happen to buy anything.