Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would You Do Me a Favour?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't you hate it when people ask you .. Would You Do Me a Favour?

I always tell them they better tell me what it is they want first before I say yes or no.

Cos I only tend to say yes to things I actually intend to carry out.

Comments

• Options
    Yes I do hate it, because from my friends "Do me a favour" usually means "Can you lend me 50 quid until next friday, even though I'm always boasting that I earn more than you, I actually spent it all getting completely rat-arsed again"...
  • Options
    It depends on who's asking, couple of people i'd just say yes, others i'd want to know what it is first!
  • Options
    I hate it. With my parents, they normally just say 'please can you do...for me?'
  • Options
    I usually say no in a cheeky sarcastic way and then ask what it is.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote: »
    I usually say no in a cheeky sarcastic way and then ask what it is.

Just say no...

If it's worthwhile, they will ask again, but properly.
  • Options
    Nah, don't hate it. The answer is simple: "What is it?"
    They'll explain, and you say yes or no. Simple!
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Just say no...

If it's worthwhile, they will ask again, but properly.

Depends who is asking in the 1st place really. I know the people who'll be asking reasonable things and those who won't though and those that are reasonable are the people that know me as sarcastic so don't bat an eyelid at me saying no anyways.
  • Options
    If someone asks me that, I just reply "What?" Then I get to choose Yes or No as applicable!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If I'm asked, the first thing to say is, of course, "What?". If I'm the one asking, I don't do that. Usually I'll say something like "Do me a favour. Help me with this, ok?"
  • Options
    I always go 'Depends what it is'. If its one of my best mates ill say 'Anything really, nothng sexual, you need a girlfriend for that ;)'.
  • Options
    Whenever I see this thread, I have the urge to just say 'no!' :p
  • Options
    I don't hate it. You have no obligation to carry out this favour and if you feel you do, then you're a weak person.
  • Options
    the only people that tend to ask me that ask me that question are my brothers and it usually involves me lending/giving them momney if at all possible

so i always reply that depends what it is
  • Options
    I don't mind when my mates aska swe're always doing each otehr fathers and not asking too much of each other.....But by god when my mother asks it's painful as it usually means something big and really out putting while she relaxes!
  • Options
    If someone asks me that, I just reply "What?" Then I get to choose Yes or No as applicable!

Yeah, I think that's what everybody does? :confused:

It's not exactly a massive commitment if you say "Yes" before asking what the favour is, is it? It's not World War I for fucks sake, you're not gonna get shot for backing down if it's something you can't do.

Am I missing something here? :confused:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Just that it's annoying to be asked a question that the asker knows you don't have enough information to answer :p
  • Options
    Just that it's annoying to be asked a question that the asker knows you don't have enough information to answer :p

Luckily on the fourth day God invented something called conversation, it's not exactly putting yourself out by waiting 0.000001 seconds to find out what the favour actually is?

Seriously, there are some things that just aren't worth thinking about, far less worrying about :eek2:
  • Options
    I always say "what?" to my parents and always do it anyway. It's always something small like putting the washing out or getting something from the garage, but usually with my friends I'm like yeah sure! I'm always asking people for favours, so don't have a problem helping them out!