Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im sure everyones been jealous at some point round a girl/boy etc.

theres this girl that i like, and know she likes me. We were out last night for a work do for a meal. I sat with 2 mates on our own table, 5 or so minutes later she changes table and sits next to me (bonus!!:yippe: ).

We held hands for a little bit, just general flirting, nothing too major.

We then head outside for just a chat, and for people to smoke etc.

She hugs a couple of my best mates, and i know it sounds stupid, but got really jealous and just feel really down. Ive already confided in the 2 guys previously, and they know how jealous i get, and im like that whether ive been drinking or not.

Any ideas in how to stop being so jealous for no reason at all?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm ... how about when you do feel jealous, tell yourself that you are being irrational and push it out your head? There are no magic potions to quash the green-eyed monster, just self-discipline.
  • Options
    Ive tried thinking to myself dont worry about it, its just she always seems much closer to those guys, physically anyway. I get very little hugs etc.

Shy around me maybe? i always ask for hugs off her, and usually get declined etc.
  • Options
    But didn't you say she was holding your hand while you were out the other night? Does she do that with these other guys? I'd hug my male friends without thinking twice about it, but holding hands with someone seems a lot more coupley and I probably wouldn't do it with any of my male friends.
  • Options
    Yeah she only holds hands with me, like (i think) i said, its probably me being stupid and having too much time to think. :hyper:

Guess ive never been this close to someone, i dont want to see her disappear to someone else tbh.
  • Options
    ElenaElena Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Lucasinio wrote: »
    its probably me being stupid and having too much time to think. :hyper:

Hi Lucasinio :wave: ,

Just just wanted to say don't be too hard on yourself. Most people get jealous some time or other - it's just a matter of learning to deal with it and not let it take over. Although some of it might not be relevant, you might find this article on jealousy useful - it offers some handy hints on how to cope.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

S x
  • Options
    That link was helpful. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Jealousy is a bitch.

I wouldnt say I'm reaaaaaally jealous but at the same time I don't like girls flirting with my boyfriend infront of me.

I don't mind when the lad I'm with gets jealous as long as it's control and endearing not creepy and obessive.
  • Options
    Lucasinio wrote: »
    She hugs a couple of my best mates, and i know it sounds stupid, but got really jealous and just feel really down. Ive already confided in the 2 guys previously, and they know how jealous i get, and im like that whether ive been drinking or not.

Any ideas in how to stop being so jealous for no reason at all?

Mate, I get jealous over stupid little things like this too, even more so when I'm drinking.

In fact, alcohol combined with my pathetic jealousy has turned me into a proper cunt towards both the girl and my friends/other guys.

There isn't really any way to stop it, except to really think about it and tell yourself that you're being pathetic.
    If you do have a real reason to be jealous, then just move on to someone else and try to forget about her.
  • Options
    Best to try not to worry things so much. It's good you know it's irrational because if you were in denial about it then that's how it turns into obsession.

I'm quite jealous sometimes, but I've learned over the years not to let it take over.
  • Options
    Jealousy is a bitch.

:yes:

I agree. Someone once said to me 'jealousy is cancer of the soul' and they werent wrong. Make sure you get a hold of your jealousy and learn to deal with it. It can be an incrediblly destructive emotion.
  • Options
    Yeah i know it is...

Well, we went bowling tonight with her and some students shes got staying. I told myself before i drove down to not let it affect me. She was hugging them after like a strike etc, i could hear it niggling away in the background, but i was in no way as pissed off as usual.:)
  • Options
    Unfortunately mate, some of us are just naturally jealous people (including me), espescially when it comes to girls.
    The best thing we can do is just shove it to the back of our minds as best we can, and it sounds like you're doing quite a good job of that! :)
  • Options
    Yeah, suprised myself tbh, definately getting there. Having a film night tomorrow with my best mate and her, so hopefully it'll be all good!!

Thanks everyone for your comments, very useful indeed :yes:
  • Options
    I get so so jealous if my boyfriend talks to another girl. It's completely irrational, I even find myself jealous of his sister sometimes! I know he would never cheat on me, so I just swallow it; as much as I want him to be all mine, he isn't my property.

I don't think he realises I get jealous at all, because he isn't the type to do so himself, so I haven't mentioned it because then I think it would become more of a deal than it actually is.