Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Edinburgh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I have arrived here tonight. Took a walk into town. I wanna know where the bars are. Been on princes street but couldn't find any bars or clubs. Where the hell are they?! Please help i wanna go out 2mz!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Rose Street which is behind St Princes' Street for a start, errrr then go see Interpol on Wednesday and get your ticket from a tout and come and see them with meeee!
  • Options
    Ummm...walk 2 feet to your left :lol:

If you're on Princes Street, go towards George Street and take the first left/right (depending on which way you're facing). There's a street called Rose Street, which has pubs all the way along it.

Failing that, George St. has a ton. We have something like 1 pub per 100 people, so there are a few around the city.

ETA: That sounded way ruder than I meant it. Oops.

ETA 2: If you go up the Mound (just past the art galleries on P Street, take the second right and go down Victoria Street, you'll be in the Grass Market. On your right are a line of pubs, and taking a left puts you in the cow gate, which has a few clubs.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Rose Street which is behind St Princes' Street for a start, errrr then go see Interpol on Wednesday and get your ticket from a tout and come and see them with meeee!

Unfortunately i'll be back in Derby then. I'm sure we went near rose street. After somewhere with some music. Not any old mens pub. What about food? Its my 21st on wed. After something good!
  • Options
    What kind of food?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    There is a yummy Italian on grassmarket / Victoria Street. And there used to be a really nice Mexican on Candlemaker Row, which is another road off grassmarket :yum:
  • Options
    What kind of food?

any food really. Things like lm said. I Dont want to go somewhere in a chain, something special i'm after. I heard there was a walkabout here. Where's that?!
  • Options
    There's this absolute dive on Lothian Road, is it called Revolution or something?

Went there a couple of years ago, oh what a night..
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    There's this absolute dive on Lothian Road, is it called Revolution or something?

Went there a couple of years ago, oh what a night..

Nah that place is long gone, however Subway right next door is just as crap !
  • Options
    Walkabout is in the Omni centre, which is about 10 mins walk from Princes St.