Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

N73 no new text notification

JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
Anyone any ideas why my Nokia N73 is no longer bringing up the '1 new message' menu and playing the tone?

The messages are sat unread in my Inbox but unless I specifically go in there I don't know about them!!

I've had a Google around but can't find anything.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a N73 :D

I've never heard of that before have you fiddled with the profile settings or something?

Remove your MMC and do a backup of your contacts and any important stuff and update it using the Nokia software updater that might do the trick.

If that does not and this is the worst case contact Your Service Pervioder or Email Nokia
  • Options
    Not touched anything. Its very odd. Gonna speak to 3 Technical Support and see what they'll say but they'll never understand as they are thick as pigshit.
  • Options
    I would just back all your data using the nokia software then update it to the lastest version (which formats it anyway) Then put your data back on.

Should clear up any problems and its pretty easy to do.
  • Options
    What i said ^^:thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah update, your phone will be faster after the update anyway, theres been loads of bug fixed especially for texting and the speed.
  • Options
    Updated the phone and it hasn't solved it. If anything the phone is significantly slower now ;<
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Updated the phone and it hasn't solved it. If anything the phone is significantly slower now ;<

It did'nt do it :eek2: There must be something wrong with your firmware or something because update your phone whipes the whole thing and it should be faster! I defo noticed it.
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    It did'nt do it :eek2: There must be something wrong with your firmware or something because update your phone whipes the whole thing and it should be faster! I defo noticed it.
    After another refresh its faster but still no new notifications!!
  • Options
    I think your best off giving Nokia a email they might be able to give you more support then I can :)
  • Options
    I have posted a message on their forums section and emailed 3.

Hopefully it can be sorted as it is damn annoying!
  • Options
    jamesy i dont know if this is relavent but i recently got a new phone with a different phone company and when setting up the voice mail i got a option to turn of txt notification. i got the option when i rang the number to change the voice mail settings, maybe that might be worth trying??

this is on vodaphone btw, but worth a go i would think
  • Options
    Well the saga goes on. Nokia told me to back everything up again and do a reset code *7878## or something which I did and it has got rid of the problem!

However the backup will not restore back to my phone!! So I have a working phone with no contacts, no images/vids, no past texts, nothing!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh dear - What error does it give up when you try restore the backup?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Oh dear - What error does it give up when you try restore the backup?
    'Restoring backup not completed. Only partial content transfered to phone'

Which is especially odd considering the very same backup worked yesterday after I updated the firmware.

Getting bit pissed off now!