Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm feeling festive!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Every year at this time i always feel so festive lol! I think it is because the nights are starting to get darker, earlier!!

So i just thought i would share my festive feelings with all you lovely site-ers :hyper:

amazon_dogxmascard.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Night's getting darker earlier?! It doesnt get dark til about 9/9.30pm here!

It's still August, festivities are only allowed in December :crazyeyes
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yesterday I was feeling rather autumn-y because of the crappy weather. But not festive yet! My birthday is first ;)
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Night's getting darker earlier?! It doesnt get dark til about 9/9.30pm here!

It's still August, festivities are only allowed in December :crazyeyes

i dont know if its because its been all rainy and crap but the last couple of days its been getting really dull about 6pm!

i always get festive in August and by december i've lost interest lol!
  • Options
    i dont know if its because its been all rainy and crap but the last couple of days its been getting really dull about 6pm!

i always get festive in August and by december i've lost interest lol!
    Just so long as you dont have your Christmas tree up by Wednesday :p
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Just so long as you dont have your Christmas tree up by Wednesday :p

Give it another few weeks and it'll be halloween stuff, and straight after that will be the xmas stuff!

Seeing how gloomy and crap it is and how it is getting darker earlier it distinctly feels like autumn today :impissed:
  • Options
    Worst summer ever. :(.
  • Options
    I work in a supermarket and I know that our Xmas stuff is due to come in in about two weeks and we've already got Xmas napkins in the warehouse.

I always get a little bit Christmassy at this time as well and I used to be the biggest lover of Xmas around but this past couple of years I've found myself hating Xmas when it gets to about December.
  • Options
    Nooooo, please don't make me feel festive!!
    I'm determined to drain the summer of every bit of sun I can!
    It's bad enough at work, the restaurant is already putting it's christmas menu's out.
  • Options
    BarmyArmy wrote: »
    I work in a supermarket and I know that our Xmas stuff is due to come in in about two weeks and we've already got Xmas napkins in the warehouse.

Far too early, imo.
  • Options
    Ah I've felt Christmassy all weekend! I rang my mum and so was she, it must be the weather or something.

Christmas stuff always comes out far too early in shops though. Actually, everything comes out too early in shops - back to school stuff before term has even ended for example.
  • Options
    For the past 5 years, our area has had it's Xmas lights up in the first week of October, once, we even had it before the kids went back to school in their summer holidays, it caused uproar round here, lol.

It is far too early I think and the reason people get fed up of Christmas is the fact that it's been drilled into them for months beforehand.
  • Options
    Ohhhh pleeeease no, no, no, no! I'm gonna be miserable and say stuff Christmas :p
  • Options
    Oh fuck off with the Christmas stuff please its still August. :grump:
  • Options
    In a card shop in my town they were putting christmas cards out this morning!!!!!!:eek:

I love Christmas and cant wait!!:)
  • Options
    Saturday night definately had an Autumnal feeling for me. Was dark by 9 and was quite cold and windy. I love all seasons, they all have a certain auora about them that makes me feel good.
  • Options
    someone kindly informed me that it was only 4 more paydays until christmas. :crying:
  • Options
    it feels like my birthday is days away not weeks....i bloody wish!
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Its August ! I feel robbed of my summer what with the weather and that and now your posting dogs with santa hats on ?

Its mental !