Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do I move forward

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About a year ago my ex broke up with me, and ever since I haven't been able to get close to anyone. I feel like I'm always used by guys who just want to get laid. I haven't been able to get close to my friends either and now feel like I have no-one left in my life. How do I make new friends? I have a few but they all have their own groups that I'm not a part of. I've tried joining clubs but I find it really hard to talk to people I don't know, and alot of people have told me I look really cold and unaproachable. I've no idea how to change this. Any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    It could just mean you need more confidence in yourself. that way people would warm up to you. :)
  • Options
    A lot of it is down to attitude in yourself as much as anything, you make yourself distant, not the other way around. Do you ever go out with your friends, have you ever spoken to the other groups of friends? Joining groups and things can sometimes be a good way to know people, but not always, and you shouldn't be too disheartened so long as you are giving people a chance to know you.

A lot of people won't want to get close to you, and its nothing personal, its the way of the world. Part of being happier is having more realistic expectations. Most people will only ever remain acqutainances.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Do you ever go out with your friends, have you ever spoken to the other groups of friends?

Yeah, if I'm at a party or something I try to get chatting to new people, and I've made some friends that way, though I find they never stick around long. Sometimes I just go completely blank and can't think of anything to say. I have a few different groups of friends and I've been trying to get them all together lately so we can all hang out together, which is going well, but if i don't arrange anything myself I just don't see them for weeks on end, it's frustrating, I feel like they don't need me.