Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moving Too Fast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(Sorry it's another one of my Relationship-Thread-Thingys)

Last Friday night, I went to a party and met this guy (NiceBoyNumber1) and he was really sweet walked me home and got my number. He is really, really, really fit and nice and that which is good for a change as well as the fact he has a good job and isn't a druggie !

So it sounds all good right ? Except that he's been hinting towards making things offically and he pretty much just said he wants to go out or whatever on the phone and I was like well I'm not really looking for a boyfriend at the moment etc. He seemed fine but he just text me saying something like 'well babe you pissed on my fire i really like you but i know where i stand'

How dramatic does he want to be ?
I like him but I don't want to get all serious after a week !

What do you reckon and what should I say back ?

Comments

• Options
    (Sorry it's another one of my Relationship-Thread-Thingys)

Last Friday night, I went to a party and met this guy (NiceBoyNumber1) and he was really sweet walked me home and got my number. He is really, really, really fit and nice and that which is good for a change as well as the fact he has a good job and isn't a druggie !

So it sounds all good right ? Except that he's been hinting towards making things offically and he pretty much just said he wants to go out or whatever on the phone and I was like well I'm not really looking for a boyfriend at the moment etc. He seemed fine but he just text me saying something like 'well babe you pissed on my fire i really like you but i know where i stand'

How dramatic does he want to be ?
    I like him but I don't want to get all serious after a week !

What do you reckon and what should I say back ?

Bloody hell, for a "nice" lad he shows it well with that text doesn't he. Your right though, a weeks abit quick aint it. I think you should just stick with what you want, just tell him again your not after anything boyfriend wise and that its a bit quick. He should get that! If he doesn't then he's an idiot. If you "really like" someone you'd be willing to wait wouldnt you?

ETA: Acttttually :p .. thinking about it, if i really liked someone i wouldnt want to wait around but then i wouldnt make such drama of it :p Just tell him to be patient ;)
  • Options
    haha god, he sounds like a right drama queen! (king).

I know exactly what you mean, why would you wanna be someones boyfriend after a week?! You don't even know them properly after a week. Saying that he sounds like he could be a nice guy. I'd text him back and just say something like err...I dunno, that you do like him but wanna take things a bit more casually for a bit.

Seriously I've never met a guy like that before though, haha, they're usually harder to pin down! he must have really fell for you :D
  • Options
    haha god, he sounds like a right drama queen! (king).

I know exactly what you mean, why would you wanna be someones boyfriend after a week?! You don't even know them properly after a week. Saying that he sounds like he could be a nice guy. I'd text him back and just say something like err...I dunno, that you do like him but wanna take things a bit more casually for a bit.

Seriously I've never met a guy like that before though, haha, they're usually harder to pin down! he must have really fell for you :D

I know ! He's quite stressy too we were with a group of people the other day about twenty of us and he went into a bit of a stress because I wasn't talking to him.

BUT the other day when I had all that hoo-harr (havent heard that word in AGES) with my mum and dad after the police incident he came and met me and was really sweet and supportive.

I'm just gonna text him back something like, 'Sorry you feel like that ! Just see what happens I've only known you a week but you are really sweet (or is that patronizing?) but just want to take things a bit slower' is that alright do you reckon ?
  • Options
    The only thing I'll say is guys who start off like that are often clingy and constantly trying to rush into everything. If you're not ready for that it might be better to cut losses now, if he doesn't immediately prepare to back off and be patient (which his text didn't really indicate).

Have another chat and see how receptive he is but if he plays Mr Put Out then move on!

-Jess-
  • Options
    The problem with texting is that all meaning is lost. "i'm not looking for a boyfriend at the moment" normally means "fuck off you freak", and it's fairly reasonable that he'd assume that you were telling him to go away and never darken your door again.

Speak to him on the phone, and be honest. Say you're not ready to be official, but that you like him and would like to see him again. He could end up being clingy if he's after officialness straight away, so be careful, but if you are honest he shouldn't be able to latch onto anything.