Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Key Lime Pie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here is the recipe that i've been badgered about....

enough for 8

200g digestives (crushed)
75g butter (melted)
a tin of condensed milk. carnation only do one size
5 limes (juice and zest)
4 egg yolks

(best done in a sponge form cake tin, preferably a non stick one)

first crush the digestive biscuits (a rolling pin works well, don't ever use a plastic bottle, people only get hurt! and make sure you are using a very sturdy bowl) so that they are fine crumbs

melt the butter (has to be butter, there are no subistutes), over a medium heat, and add to the biscuits and mix very well

place the mixture into the cake tin (no need to grease the tin, even if it's not non stick, because it adds extra grease). Press down and make it even. Bake at 160c for 8 mins

empty the condensed milk into a big bowl, along with the egg yolks, lime juice and zest (the parmesan grater works fine on a cheese grater). Whisk the mixture for around a minute.

pour the mix into the cake tin and bake for 10 mins

now cool in fridge for 30 mins or freezer for 5 mins

the base may be a little crumbly, so if it is make sure that you use more butter next time...

if you want to make a bigger quantity then double all the quantities, but not the cooking times...

Comments

• Options
    a rolling pin works well, don't ever use a plastic bottle, people only get hurt!

:lol:

Thank you for putting the recipe up. I will have to try it sometime soon.
  • Options
    It's not a key lime pie without key limes, with any old lime it's just lime pie? *ducks*
  • Options
    That sounds yummy :yum:
  • Options
    it was called key lime pie, because it's a recipe from the florida keys area...so i believe