Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how to get smaller boobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Arhhh I hate my boobs!!! I'm 5 ft 3, 18 years old and have size 32FF/G boobs! I hate them sooo much! I'm pretty OK with the rest of my body just my boobs are bloody annoying! Sometimes when I can't breathe I wish I could get a knife and just chop them off! No tops look good on me , I can't get any nice dresses cos their necklines always far too low and I always think that I look a lot bigger than I actually am. I go on that arm machine thing at the gym that's supposed to make your boobs smaller but I can't see any difference! I'm seriously considering surgery but was just wandering if anyone knew any way to make their boobs smaller? I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm desperate!

Comments

• Options
    Hi

It sounds obvious but have you been to a professional bra-fitter? I am a 32F and was wearing 34D for quite a long time. I couldn't believe the difference when I first tried a properly fitting bra, both in appearance and comfort.

Otherwise, what's your overall weight like? I am a size 12-14 now, but when I was a size 8 I was actually only a D cup. If you are overweight then perhaps losing weight might also help to reduce your breast size.

Also, are you on the pill? Because this simulates pregnancy in your body it's possible this is having a hormonal effect which might result in slight breast enlargement.

Finally, how toned are you around your chest area? Although it won't reduce the size, if you have strong pectoral muscles (or whatever it is women have under there!) then you'll find you will be supported better and might not be so 'crushed'.

Otherwise the only other thing I can think of is surgery, but if you are finding you have health problems, i.e. back pains, breathing troubles then perhaps you should talk to your GP incase they can refer you to a surgeon (hopeful but worth a shot).

-Jess-
  • Options
    I went to a professional bra fitter a couple of months back and actually cried when she told me I was a 32FF/G! I felt so stupid but I couldn't control it!

As regards to my size I'm about 55kgs, and wear a size 10 top and bottom. It seems that as I've lost weight my cup size has increased!

I am on the pill (Microgynon 30) and I believe that my increase in bra size (from 34 DD to 32 FF/G from one fitting to the next!) started since I started the pill. I went on the pill to control my periods and I'm too scared to get off the pill in case my periods become stupid again. (In one whole year I had just 47 days off my period). Do you reckon a change of pill will have any effect on my breast size?
  • Options
    Hi

If you are a size 10 then I wouldn't say you're that likely to get smaller if you lose weight. In fact your weight loss has probably emphasised the size proportionately.

If you noticed an increase in size after starting the pill, then theres a good chance thats the culprit, and that stopping the pill might over time reduce your breast size. It's certainly worth a try before considering surgery.

As far as period pains go - although the pill does help in terms of making things more regular, you could do some research about other things that are supposed to help, try searching on Google or posting on a few forums.
    I never suffered from bad pains so I am afraid I don't really know anything myself, but try posting another question for period pain remedies, plus there are lots of websites - Im thinking herbal stuff mainly.

If you find an alternative to help the pains then you could consider coming off the pill permenantly, which might give you the reduction you re looking for - but I would advice having a chat with your GP as I am not a medical expert by any means :angel:

-Jess-
  • Options
    hmm
  • Options
    ackee911 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with big breasts? I think they are sexy and hot, as long as they're not sagging to the ground!

I love big wabs as well, but if they are causing discomfort and too heavy then it can't be nice, can it?
  • Options
    hmm well i'm a similar size to you, but a bit smaller in both. i've never experienced any pain or discomfort in that area or with my back. are you sure you're wearing a well fitted bra? also there are plenty of tops that aren't low necked!
  • Options
    crystalx2 wrote: »
    It seems that as I've lost weight my cup size has increased!

You will do, as your cup size is determined as a ratio between your back size and the distance around the fullest part of your bust. If your back size goes down (because you lost weight, say) but you keep the same amount of breast glands (which don't go through exercise), then your cup size will increase.

For instance, in terms of cup size a 34D is roughly the same as a 32DD or a 36C.

If you don't have fat on your breasts then it will be almost impossible to make them smaller without surgery, but a well-fitted bra will help. You should try a minimiser bra.
  • Options
    hmm well i'm a similar size to you, but a bit smaller in both. i've never experienced any pain or discomfort in that area or with my back. are you sure you're wearing a well fitted bra?

I don't have any pain around my back, just my chest. Probably doesn't help that I'm asthmatic and its really hot and humid where I currently am (Malaysia).
    I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a well fitted bra as I went to a bra fitter at Bravissimo and bought all my bras there with the lady's help.
  • Options
    firstly come off the pill. it was one of the many reason i came off, because huge boobs run in my family as well, and i was already and E cup.
    secondly, i would wear minimisers to make them look smaller
    make sure that you do back extentions at the gym, because it is very important that you strengthen your back....
    Cardio is very important, i would suggest swimming as it lowers the strain.
    make sure you are wearing a sports bra really important!
    try pec exercises, they help to strengthen the muscle under your boobs...
  • Options
    firstly come off the pill. it was one of the many reason i came off, because huge boobs run in my family as well, and i was already and E cup.
    secondly, i would wear minimisers to make them look smaller
    make sure that you do back extentions at the gym, because it is very important that you strengthen your back....
    Cardio is very important, i would suggest swimming as it lowers the strain.
    make sure you are wearing a sports bra really important!
    try pec exercises, they help to strengthen the muscle under your boobs...

I do want to come off the pill for other reasons as well but I'm so worried my periods will go back to being long, heavy and unpredictable. It was really bad when my periods were like that before the pill and I don't know if I want to risk it. I guess I should think about which is more important; short, light, predictable periods or smaller boobs...gosh that sounded so silly!
    I've been doing all those exercises you mentioned apart from swimming because, err.... I don't know how to swim :blush:
    I think I'm just gonna wear minimisers and continue doing loads of exercises.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There are loads of different combinations of the pill, so if the one you are on is affectiing you in a negative way then I would suggest you go back to your doctor and explain the situation. There are plenty of choices other than stopping the pill you are taking.
  • Options
    surgery

breast reduction. happy i did it, though surgery marks have damaged confidence and still feel they are big :(
    but still better.
This discussion has been closed.