Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What 2 Wear??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK so I may be meeting up with someone soon. If you read my other post you'll know its someone I've liked for a while, who may or may not feel the same, and we're meeting up on a platonic basis but then, who knows...

So its not a date, but I wish it was. One of those situations.

What do I wear????????

I don't want to dress up because it will look like I have tried too hard. I don't want to go casual because I want to look good, of course.

I want to wear a skirt, because its sexy, but worried it might be too tarty and obvious.

I dont want to wear trousers because they aren't really sexy enough (not with my legs anyway, skinny jeans I think not!).

Suggestions please! :wave:

-Jess-

Comments

• Options
    First date aaayyyy?! Exciting stuff!

In my opinion you can't beat a girly dress and pumps. You can dress it up or down with accessories, depending on where you're going. Don't know if you're planning to buy something new or where what you've got, but if you do want a new dress, asos have some lovely dresses at the moment.
  • Options
    Well not a date, really, because he might just see me as a friend and nothing more. Kind of a pre-date, I am hoping :P

I thought about getting a black dress and wearing a pretty cardigan type thing over it, with flip flops (very popular around here despite the weather) and some hippy jewellery. I guess that works?

Oooh I am excited though. I'll post all about it of course teehee!

-Jess-
  • Options
    That sounds good! :)
  • Options
    I have a date tomorrow.

I've not even thought about what I'm going to wear yet :nervous: I suppose I should...
  • Options
    OK so I may be meeting up with someone soon. If you read my other post you'll know its someone I've liked for a while, who may or may not feel the same, and we're meeting up on a platonic basis but then, who knows...

So its not a date, but I wish it was. One of those situations.

What do I wear????????

I don't want to dress up because it will look like I have tried too hard. I don't want to go casual because I want to look good, of course.

I want to wear a skirt, because its sexy, but worried it might be too tarty and obvious.

I dont want to wear trousers because they aren't really sexy enough (not with my legs anyway, skinny jeans I think not!).

Suggestions please! :wave:

-Jess-

Well where is it you're going on the 'date'?
  • Options
    Snow White Queen - ah yes I saw your other post - good luck for tomorrow :love:

Meanwhile, where am I going on my not-a-date date, ..well, he's my ex-lecturer so I guess since I am 'dropping by' at uni it will be somewhere on campus............?

Hence another reason not to get dressed up?

:shocking:
  • Options
    Because it is summer I have been wearing dresses non-stop, even though the weather is SHIT and I have found that wearing a dress isn't always 'dressy'?

You can get casual dresses in places like River Island or New Look, wear it with pumps or flat sandals and it will look like you have made an effort but not too much!

What is your 'style'?
  • Options
    kind of a mix really between alternative / sufer type I guess. Depends on my mood :-)
  • Options
    how about a hippi girly dress with plain pumps? looks cute and casual..not like uv tried too hard but ul still look lovely..plus..use different accesories for different looks..xx x

x