Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cockteasing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read a recent post about the meaning of a cock tease and it got me thinking. I do find a few people I know really attractive, some to the point where I daydream about sleeping with them (lol), and I guess I do flirt a bit, but what degree of flirting would you say classed as 'cock teasing'. Does dressing up, being friendly, having a certain 'I fancy you' look in your eye etc etc... qualify?

I have one example, see what you think:

I fancied this guy for like a year, thought he wasn't really interested but one night he confessed he was, a lot. I told him then I felt the same...but we both had partners. Nothing happened for another year even though we had spent time alone driving somewhere etc, so I thought maybe he was just drunk and didn't mean it. Then one night over a year later, we walked on our own after a party and he turned to me and said he was going to kiss me. Part of me really wanted to, but part of me just didn't feel right somehow and I knew I didn't want to carry on. We ended up going so far, but didn't actually have sex because I stopped it before that point.

We are still great friends and in a way things between us are better because we do have this dirty secret that no-one else in our group knows about, and theres always the sort of eye contact that says that, so we havent had any damaging effects as a result.

So, does this make me a cocktease? In a bad way?

I guess sometimes I really fancy guys, flirt, want them desperately, but by the time I realise they actually feel the same way I don't feel as strongly and then feel really unsure about things. So now, when I really like someone, I am scared to flirt incase they hit on me and I don't want to go anywhere with it - yet at the same time I want to flirt outrageously because I fancy them! Bit of a stuck situation..!

-Jess-

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jess :wave:

Yep, there was a thread about being a cock tease, and my what a thread THAT was :rolleyes: from what you've been saying, I wouldn't say you were a cock tease, just not a very confident flirt! Have a read back through the last thread (well, the first few pages, before it got bitchy) and see how it relates to you.
  • Options
    Not at all.

:yes:
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with changing your mind, or having limits to how far you want to go with a guy. And anyone who can't accept that is just a cock, full stop. I only consider cockteasing to be flirting with someone that you don't actually have the slightest interest in, and making them believe you're interested in them, for whatever reason. Not that many people do that.
  • Options
    I only consider cockteasing to be flirting with someone that you don't actually have the slightest interest in, and making them believe you're interested in them, for whatever reason.

I think its more than flirting. What you describe is someone toying with someone's emotions. To me, a cock teaser implies someone who, by their actions and demeanour, give every obvious impression that they want to have sex with you - but blow you out when you start to respond to their advances because (as you say) they have no interest in you.
  • Options
    Wouldn't worry about being called a cock-tease from that situation doesn't sound like you were being one at all.
  • Options
    kewl

Thanks everyone :)