Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weight loss supplements etc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone have any experience of diet pills / weight loss remedies - adios etc? any success stories?

Comments

• Options
    Weight loss suppliments are generally a huge waste of money. Some might have a diruretic effect and make you pee more, others claim to 'boost' the metabolism, but overall have little effect with weight loss as the packets will always tell you to use it in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise.
  • Options
    not even as a quick fix?
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    not even as a quick fix?

If you want to lose weight, do it safely and slowly otherwise it will just pile back on plus more.

I'm taking adios at the moment but I'm following a good exercise and healthy eating plan so the adios may or may not be helping :) I'm losing weight, I think! :D
  • Options
    If you mean stuff like fat burning tablets then don't. They may seem like they work but in the long term you wind up putting on more weight. Some make you eat more as well.
  • Options
    I've tried a couple in the past. They didn't even begin to curb the appatite, give energy or anything they said they would. I've come to agree with the commercials *when used with diet and exercise* *results not typical* The only thing it fixes at all is the wideness of your pocketbook.

May cause anal leakage ;)

no, it does not get old ;)

Didn't there use to be a crisp a while ago made with some kind of oil that was supposed to revolutionize the crisp industry that caused anal leakage too... I want to say olay or something.

A friend of the boyfriend was really into dieting and diet pills. It landed her in the er a couple of times. Heart palipations I think it was called. She joined weight watchers and lost like 40lbs just by eating healthier and taking her puppy for walks. Was even in the newspaper as one of the success stories. That was a while ago and she still looks real good.
  • Options
    Janey, if you buy any of those things I WILL be forced to come up there and slap you silly.

Please be careful.

:heart:.
  • Options
    franki i'm a big girl. i don't need you to mother me.
  • Options
    franki i'm a big girl. i don't need you to mother me.

lol.

Just be careful which ones you get because some contain amphetamines and put a strain on your heart.

I think there are natural things you can take to boost your metabolism like cayenne pepper or something like that. Apparently models detox on a drink of water, cayenne, lemon juice and something else. Sorry I'm not much help, have a google :razz:
  • Options
    I'm not trying to mother you, but I'm worried about you and you know that. I just want you to be careful, that's all.
  • Options
    not even as a quick fix?

There's no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to body fat loss, I'm afraid. Well no, there are no quick fixes that are safe. Plenty of people have abused illicit substances in the past and sometimes the weight has dropped, but that's to the detriment to their health, then as soon as they start eating again, the weight piles back on, with a bit more fat to give some added security in case the body decides to starve itself again. There's no magic potion, machine or food stuff that will do all the work for you, all the effort has to come from you.

If you want some help with weight loss resources, then there are people around to help with that, but anyone in their right mind would only give out information on how it can happen slowly and safely, any other way is not really worth it really.
  • Options
    I've tried weight loss supplements and they worked for me. But i had to stop taking them cos one day my heart was beating so fast i thought i was gonna die. So no i wouldn't recommend them.
  • Options
    My tip is to eat less.

if i ate any less i'd eat nothing.