Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

could i still be pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I missed 3 pill out of my pack in the first week, and slept with my b/f on 2 of the days out of the 3 that i missed pills without using any other protection..

Anyway we've just split up and i decided to go off the pill for good cos kept forgetting to take it, i went off it on tuesday and started bleeding today. Is this normal? Could i still be pregnant even though im bleeding? :confused:
any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Options
    The period you experience when you take the pill isn't a real period. Therefore when you normally take the pill for 21 the next 7 u experience a period, beginning the next day or however many days after.

Because you stopped taking the pill your body has produced a period again. This happens everytime you stop taking the pill for time.

For example once I took the pill for two days and stopped and I experienced a period a few days later even though I'd only had one a week or so before.

You could still be pregnant, yes so I would do a pregnancy test if I was you.
  • Options
    If you're bleeding like a period then no it doesn't sound like you could be pregnant.
  • Options
    nicolalou wrote: »
    You could still be pregnant, yes so I would do a pregnancy test if I was you.

I wasnt due my period for at least another week, so would it be too soon to take a test, should i wait till next week.
    and this is my 2nd period in two weeks.
  • Options
    angelgirl wrote: »
    and this is my 2nd period in two weeks.

That's because you've been messing round with your pill. now that you're off it for good your periods should go back to normal but if you were to start taking it again and then come off it a few days later you would experience another period.

You've made quite a few posts about missing pills etc recently so it seems that you are worried so I would go and see a doctor if I was you who will be able to advise you whether or not your pregnant.:)
  • Options
    thanks guys, hopefully im not but il leave it till next week and then get a test just to be sure..
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I doubt you are pregnant. However, the fact that you made a thread on a message board shows that you have a niggling feeling that you are. What we say won't really shift those doubts so I think doing a pregnancy test will ease your mind.
  • Options
    do a test to put your mind at ease. all though i'd seriously doubt that you are.
  • Options
    I get preggers paranoia, wilkinsons do really cheap test.