Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I really want to be with you but err can't

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I already know what this means, but to put my mind at rest tell me what you think.

Yesterday a girl told me she really likes me, really fanices me and wants to be with me. But can't because she wants to stay single for a while and find herself and can't have a bf whilst she's trying to find herself and get a new job/house.

What do you think that means? I'll tell you in a few posts time what i think so i don't sway anybody or anything.

Comments

• Options
    In my opinion it sounds like she doesn't really fancy you but is telling you she does so that you don't feel hurt and is using the house, finding herself etc as an excuse to not be with you.
  • Options
    Did you tell her first that you liked her? If you did then I'd say that was her way of letting you down gently.
  • Options
    It's girl talk for 1 of 2 things:

1) I don't really want to be with you
    2) Try harder

I suspect it's the first one I'm afraid...
  • Options
    i think shes pulling your leg. Some kind of self gratification. She can hold on without a bf no problem. But she could take the opportuniy if and when it suits her.
  • Options
    Sorry, but I think it's a way of letting you down gently. There's no easy way to do it, and she is confusing the issue a bit, but at least she's considerate of your feelings.
  • Options
    She either doesn't know what she wants or like everyone else has said, is letting you down gently.
  • Options
    I agree with the others. Sorry my love. Sounds like she's not worth bothering with.
  • Options
    Thanks, you all confirmed what i already thought. She acted like she wanted me, but well, i've been through this enough times to know the signs and the sayings and the 'but im not like other girls' thing. thanks. bye.
  • Options
    When I use that excuse towards a girl, it means "I like you but I think I can do better, so I'm going to try and do better before I settle for you."
  • Options
    Would a girl actually say she "fancies" you and "wants to be with" if she's really "letting you down gently"?? Sounds odd, you don't say you fancy someone if you don't, they'd say "you're a nice/great/sweet guy but I don't feel that way" etc etc.