Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"maddy".....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6935069.stm

Am I the only person who doesn't care?

Comments

• Options
    It is sad, but ther must be thousands of children that goes missing or starve to death and stuff every day. Tis just one of many really. What i do find weird i was taking my dog for a walk (i live in surrey) n thers was posters up for find maddy in the woods. i was wtf, shes hardly going to be roaming the heathland in surrey.
  • Options
    I was living abroad when this happened so I kinda missed all the beginning stuff.

I dunno, it's sad that these parents have lost a children and can get no closure but I am a bit angry about the fact they left her in the room without supervision with the door UNLOCKED when they knew she was a frequent sleepwalker. It is all a bit strange.

And I believe they are not coming back to England because Social Services would take their other children away. If young parents or a single parent left their children alone like this, they would have been locked up by now.

PS. Why have they only just found the blood in the room?
  • Options

Nah, more the only troll.
  • Options
    If she has been murdered then she deserves justice.
  • Options
    If she has been murdered then she deserves justice.

But we don't know if she's been murdered, even though it is very likely.
  • Options
    nicolalou wrote: »
    PS. Why have they only just found the blood in the room?

Because it may well not have been there when she was taken, the flat has been rented out quite a few times since the initial investigation, it could be anyones.
  • Options
    They've found traces of blood after bringing in a sniffer dog - then been able to get enough to analyze, I would assume anyway. I don't think it's like they missed a big spray of blood all over one side of the room.
  • Options
    They should have called these guys from the outset:

csi-ctv-21.jpg
  • Options

I wouldn't say I don't care, but I'm sick of the parents and their publicity train. What's next, a world stadium tour? I just find their behaviour slightly odd. I'm sure 99% of parents would now just what to get out of the limelight and greave in private. I reckon it's the guilt that's keeping them going, but I dunno. I know thousands of kids go missing etc etc but it's still a sad case. I'm 99% certain she's dead, so lets just hope she died quickly and pretty painlessly. I have no sympathy with them though - typical 21st century parents trying to balance having children without sacrificing their lifestyle. If you want a holiday, you either leave the kids with relatives and enjoy yourself, or you spend the evenings in the appartment with the children. That's what parenting is - you can't always do what you want, you have to make sacrifices and if you don't wanna make those sacrifices to your lifestyle, then don't have kids. I don't care what anyone says - if this had been the same case, but with a single council house mother who lives on benefits, the press would have torn her to pieces for a week and the whole thing would have been forgotten long ago...