Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blocking phone numbers?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there any way I can get my provider to do this for me, only I dont want some ex boyfs/friends contacting me with going through the hassle of a new contract phone number?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think they will. I asked orage if they couuld do it for me a couple of years ago and they said no. Try it and see. If you have any luck with it- do let us know, I'm sure we all have a few people we'd rather not hear from!
  • Options
    If you tell them you've been receiving unwanted phonecalls from that number, they might do. It might be more difficult to convince them that it's more than one person, but you can try.
  • Options
    They can only block unwanted numbers if the police are involved, but even then there is little point because they can just use another phone.

best just getting a new number, worked for me.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    best just getting a new number, worked for me.

This does seem to be the only thing you can do. I had to do it, yes it's a pain, but it was better than getting unwanted phone calls.
  • Options
    I got the Sony-Ericsson P990i and I'm pretty sure that it can block numbers. However, it is entirely down to the device model, not the network provider. Like with what Whowhere said, you can't call i.e. Orange and make requests to bar a number. Shop around. My Sony-Ericsson won't be the only device that can do it.