Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

piercing stretching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there a certian size that you stretch your earlobes to and they won't go back? My earlobes just don't close. I've gone probably over a year without earrings and they dont' close. SO I hadn't worn earrings forever because they would get horribley infected with anything other than gold or titanium. But the store I like only had titanium in 16g. So I went from no earrings to 16 with absoutly no problems at all. Now I don't want to stretch them alot, but I see alot of cute spiraly things that only come in 14+ They are all made of bone or some other biological crap, I can't remember and theh piercer said that even weirdo me wouldhn't have any problems with them. But I don't really want to stretch my ears. I just want to be able to wear these cute 14/12g earrings. So do you think that I could stretch my ears to that size, but they would still shrink down to the 16that I have now, and am still able to wear regular non-body jewlery jewlry in?

I know I probably don't make sense, so ask away, I'll try to explain.

I"ve already asked the piercer many things and I don't want to stalk him anymore!

Comments

• Options
    What's 16g in terms of milimetres? I get a bit confused by the different sizes. My boyfriend has 10mm stretched lobes and reckons they should close up if he chooses to take them out but anything bigger than that probably won't shrink completely.
  • Options
    You shouldn't have a problem at all, my_name. I'm stretched to 4ga and they went back to normal when I took them out last year. You should be able to hop around 12ga-16ga without any problems - they're only very small stretches anyway, so you should be alright!

The general rule for stretching is anything above 2ga (6mm) and there's a chance it won't go back to normal.