Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

3 Mobile PAYG SIM Card

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My cousin has given me a 3 Mobile - an LG U880 Phone.

However to do anything with it - it seem I'll need a SIM

The phone has a built in MP3 Player and card slot for extra memory so mainly just want to use it for listening to music - but by the looks of it will need a SIM Card to even do this.

1. Is there any free SIM cards offer for 3?
2. Failing that there seem very cheap SIM's on eBay but either way do I actually have to put any money on the phone to keep it active?

I don't want to use it for phone calls just (although I see you can use MSN Messenger on certain 3 phones which may be useful) Music i.e.listening to MP3's on it's inbuilt memory. Do I have to put money on the SIM card to keep the phone working?

Comments

• Options
    Think you can get a SIM for a tenner from a 3store.

And you'll need to top up within a six month timeframe or the SIM becomes inactive.
  • Options
    seen some SIM's on ebay for not much more then £1 to £2 including postage - seemed a bit ultra cheap, and some had red logo some had blue so wasn't sure if there was a difference or not
  • Options
    Just got my 3 SIM Card today popped it into the LG Phone and wow quite cool .. there's quite a lot of free content on 3 Mobile - never actually considered getting a 3 phone before - might do now.. can't get MSN messenger to install though - dunno if my phone is too old