Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bring Your Own Drinks Restaurants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any of you go to places where you can bring your own drinks, if so do tell.

I really like the concept - and there's one Curry place near our house that is like that and does really good food so is good for a cheap night out.

Although I've heard of some places that charge such high fee's just to pop the cork and provide a glass for you - it's like paying for a glass of wine anyway and a bit cheeky really.

Comments

• Options
    There's a Capri not far from me where you can go in and eat but they don't serve alcohol so they let you bring in bottles of wine, cans of beer or whatever you want to drink.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I used to go to a really nice vegetarian restaurant in Cheltenham that was BYO - but I doubt you'd want to go that far, especially with the current weather situation! I'm aware there's quite a few in London though - any specific areas? Yeah and corkage is a bummer.
  • Options
    Quite a few indian restaurantes by me let you take your own alcohol :)
  • Options
    That sounds nice. I should try to find on e of those. Its a nice concept. Its nice to have a drink with your meal but when a couple beers doubles the price of the meal... :no:
  • Options
    There's one near my house in uni but I don't really like drinking alcohol with food. Spoils the taste if ya ask me.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    One of the local curry houses was like this for a couple of years because their alcohol licence was revoked. They've got it back now. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    There's one near my house in uni but I don't really like drinking alcohol with food. Spoils the taste if ya ask me.

The food spoils the taste of Buckie you mean? :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    I used to go to a really nice vegetarian restaurant in Cheltenham that was BYO - but I doubt you'd want to go that far, especially with the current weather situation! I'm aware there's quite a few in London though - any specific areas? Yeah and corkage is a bummer.

Almost anywhere in Zones 1 to 3 near a Tube Station is good.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    That sounds nice. I should try to find on e of those. Its a nice concept. Its nice to have a drink with your meal but when a couple beers doubles the price of the meal... :no:

When I went to Ireland a few weeks back we went into one place that serves drinks and they claimed they had no soft drinks, basically forcing alcoholic drinks on us - I reckon it was a lie just to be able to charge for something more expensive as we had soft drinks 2 days earlier in the same place - just a different waitress on duty.
  • Options
    Oh thats naughty! Damn drunk irish :p But they seemed odd over there with all the drinks. No free refills on anything, even water and pop and they all charged for water too! But thats neither here nor there in this thread.

Theres a strip club around that you can bring your own alcohol. But thats because theres a law in the county thats something along the lines of no full nudity if the place sells liquer. So they just don't sell it!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Thank fuck someone else thinks this. I hardly ever drink alcohol with a meal (maybe a glass of wine occasionally) think it just tastes wierd, everyone else thinks im a goon for it though