Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

** rant ** Im well pissed off now..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today has been shit. Im stuck in a job I hate, and raring to move on.

No matter how hard I try to get a new job, I get nowhere! :banghead:

It just feels like one step forward and two steps back. And everything else (money, holidays, social life) seems dependent on getting a new job.

I set myself a target off getting a proper job by this summer, and it looks as though its going to be missed. (probably good experience for a job with Thames Water) but I really wanted to get things moving by summer.

**rant over ;) **

Comments

• Options
    hand your notice in then

i always work best under pressure

book a holiday once you've finished work and have some fun

... i know that all sounds very irresponsible but thats what i've done !
  • Options
    You wouldn't be the only one...
  • Options
    It's a bugger when you really want to achieve something but it just isn't working out, I know how frustrating it can be.
    Just keep trying man, there are plenty of jobs in London and even if you don't get one this summer, you shouldn't have much longer to wait. Determination always gets you what you want in the end. :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Dont you worry my dearie, you will find something in the end - that is what I keep getting told :p

Just leave your job, and join me on the dole! :D
  • Options
    Thanks peeps, just a little wound up today. Having a drink now, that should chill me out :D

Bunnie: Would love to join you on the dole, but at the moment the dole wouldnt even cover my debt repayments and I need to keep working (even though I hate it) to keep me from getting bored.

Plus my mate is moving to Oz on Monday and Im really, really fucking jealous ;)
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Thanks peeps, just a little wound up today. Having a drink now, that should chill me out :D

Bunnie: Would love to join you on the dole, but at the moment the dole wouldnt even cover my debt repayments and I need to keep working (even though I hate it) to keep me from getting bored.

Plus my mate is moving to Oz on Monday and Im really, really fucking jealous ;)

Mmmm drink... I swear I've become an alcohol during my time in Kavos, I haven't been pissed in like 3 days now and I'm starting to get the shakes! :lol:

That's just it really isn't, when you're not working and you have no money, there's absolutely BUGGER all to do and you actually end up looking forward to work.

Man how I'd fucking KILL to move to Kavos or anywhere except here, right now!Seriously, if I didn't have to save for Thailand, I'd be back there like a shot!

To sum it all up, this country SUCKS! lol
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Man how I'd fucking KILL to move to Kavos or anywhere except here, right now!Seriously, if I didn't have to save for Thailand, I'd be back there like a shot!

To sum it all up, this country SUCKS! lol

If I thought no proper job would come up this year, I would just fuck off and work in Ibiza or Spain. At least I would get a decent summer ;)
  • Options
    If I thought no proper job would come up this year, I would just fuck off and work in Ibiza or Spain. At least I would get a decent summer ;)

Go for it man, I wish I could!
    Me and my mate are like discussing it now, arrrr so temping but I need money for Thailand!!
    I've even been promised a job for whenever I want by this Greek guy.
  • Options

It just feels like one step forward and two steps back. And everything else (money, holidays, social life) seems dependent on getting a new job.

I set myself a target off getting a proper job by this summer, and it looks as though its going to be missed. (probably good experience for a job with Thames Water) but I really wanted to get things moving by summer.

**rant over ;) **

I know how you feel. I think we both finished uni at the same time and there is an enormous pressure to get a good job as quickly as possible. Especially when your mates seem to be able to do it.. although their courses were vocational unlike mine. One of my friends though has only just got a job in what she wanted to do 2 years after graduating. Things take time they really do! And it can be really stressful at times. Anyway.. what is it you want to get into? Do you have any experience? I've just finished a 3 month work placement and now I'm gona concentrate on looking for a job. Living on a part time wage is rubbish though and I don't wana go on the dole because it sounds like too much hassle for next to nothing of money! Good luck x
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I think we both finished uni at the same time and there is an enormous pressure to get a good job as quickly as possible. Especially when your mates seem to be able to do it.

:yes:
    One of my friends though has only just got a job in what she wanted to do 2 years after graduating.

Shit, see if I knew it would be the same for me, I would go do something fun for a year (working abroad etc)
    Things take time they really do!

Your right, I know that but sometimes I cant help wishing things would just fucking hurry up. Im ready to up the pace :p
    And it can be really stressful at times. Anyway.. what is it you want to get into? Do you have any experience? I've just finished a 3 month work placement and now I'm gona concentrate on looking for a job. Living on a part time wage is rubbish though and I don't wana go on the dole because it sounds like too much hassle for next to nothing of money! Good luck x

I have a years experience, but just nothing seems to be working my way as of late. The thought of being stuck in the call centre drives me nuts.

I want to get into public affairs/ relations/ communications. Problem is I really dont want to work for an agency.

Good luck with the job hunting, so annoying when companies dont even acknowledge the time you spent applying.

All the best :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm the same. Shit innit.
  • Options

**rant over ;) **

Chin up buddy, frustrating i know, the previous two summers i found myself seriously fed up because of the job i was in, hearing on the radio all the while about all these people finishing uni getting in well paid jobs with great prospects made me regret not going to uni.

I tried and tried to get a new job, but nothing came of it, it got me really down for a couple of months a couple of years ago, and last year, but after 18 months of frustration, keeping my head down and applying for anything that would lead to a decent paid job with reasonable prospects, i finally got accepted for one and start in a couple of weeks :thumb:

I'm sure you've had some great advice off other people but just keep your head down while you keep applying to other things, and in the mean time just concentrate on whatever else it is you have going for you, be it a great relationship, fantastic nights out with the guys or whatever
  • Options
    Job hunting can be so demoralising, I know. Chin up though, something good WILL happen for you.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Job hunting can be so demoralising, I know. Chin up though, something good WILL happen for you.

:yes:

Someone suggested a while back (to me) that if you want to work somewhere and they aren't advertising for jobs, you could still send them your CV, because soon they might be looking for people.