Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bleach

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm planning on going back to as close to my natural colour for my holiday in September (I'm going to Blackpool rather than somewhere hot and I won't be going in a pool or anything). I was planning on bleaching it once or twice depending on how much I need to do it then putting a blonde dye on top of that.
What bleach and conditioner would you recommend?
My current colour is in the attachment.

Comments

• Options
    Oooh not too sure about bleaching that. It's got a pinky purply tint to it? It'll either go pink or orange.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's more like this on me.
  • Options
    I might just buy a blonde wig hehe.
  • Options
    Hmm still...thats a really hard colour to bleach! When i had dark hair and i tried to bleach it i had to use so much my hair went like cotton wool.
  • Options
    I'd hate to damage my hair I think I'll just stick with what I've got. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Go to the hairdressers and get them to strip the colour rather than bleaching it yourself. If you do it yourself it can go VERY VERY wrong (I knew someone who bleached his hair then tried to dye it blue, and then denied that it was actually green ;p). They can also talk to you about the best colour to dye it after that etcetcetc. When I had my red taken out, they basically just cut it all out and put something close to my natural colour but a bit warmer to blend with the red. Go to a good hairdressers, though. Not necessarily expensive, but good.
  • Options
    I'll have to save up for a bit to get it done at a hairdressers.
  • Options
    Hmmm. If you wanted to go back to your natural colour, you can always try dying it a slightly lighter colour each time. That's what my mum did, so that nobody noticed when she went grey (although she still gets highlights done), although it did take a long time.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Hmm still...thats a really hard colour to bleach! When i had dark hair and i tried to bleach it i had to use so much my hair went like cotton wool.

:yes: I have really dark brown hair naturally and bleached a section of it and it felt like synthetic barbie doll hair. Horrid.
  • Options
    Probably dont want to hear this but I think the colour you have is really nice already
  • Options
    I love the colour it's just I want to go back to blonde so I don't have to keep re-doing my roots.
  • Options
    ohh i cant see your face but it looks really natural. im sure i had a mad moment of wanting to go blonde (it really would look awful on me) and was advised to start off with highlights..getting lighter and lighter gradually.
  • Options
    My natural colour is a mid blonde.
  • Options
    I would SERIOUSLY consider saving for the hairdressers huni. I've gone from dark to blonde before and it's never gone well. If you absolutely must do it yourself, you'll need a couple of bottles, I recommend Garnier as it is quite kind on your hair. Follow it up with lots of Aussie conditioner
  • Options
    i definately wouldnt do it yourself

i've seen people go from brown to blonde in the hairdressers, and even then it aint been a nice shade, kind of orangy

i'm the same as u tho, mid blonde went bleach blonde, now i'm dark brown and i miss my blonde :(

easier staying brown tho at the min as i am lacking funds and love my hair far too much to try it myself

x
  • Options
    I would say get it stripped at the hair dressers and then either get them to dye it blonde or buy a blonde hair dye and do it yourself once it has been stripped, just start conditioning your hair well now and after it has been done so that it doesn't go all dry and brittle.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    ohh i cant see your face but it looks really natural. im sure i had a mad moment of wanting to go blonde (it really would look awful on me) and was advised to start off with highlights..getting lighter and lighter gradually.

yes gradual highlights is the only way to do it without going all over ginger.