Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mini Pill (Noriday) and 'periods'*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, forgive me for not searching - if this has been answered before - sorry.

Basically I stopped taking the pill when my relationship was going tits up, but since starting a new one I was put on the mini-pill (About 6 months ago). For a few months not only was I still having a 'period'* (with this pill you don't have a break just take it continously) but I was also getting some bleeding in the middle of my cycle.

I mentioned this to the doctor last time I went to get a new prescription and they said that really I should have stopped having periods all together. When I went to see them today they asked me if it was still the case, and while the bleeding in the middle of my cycle has stopped I am still getting a 'period' every month. They seemed concerned and have made me an appointment for 12 weeks time. Seems their main concern is that perhaps this pill is not 'working for me properly' and not giving me enough protection.

Just wondered if anyone else had this on their pill?

* when I say period I know it's not a 'proper' one, but it is still fairly heavy.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cant help sorry, only ever had a combined pill.
    But Micronor is the same as Noriday, and im sure someone else mentioned it in another post.