Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Festival Food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The festival season has well and truly begun which made me think... what food to you take to festivals? I refuse to buy every meal there because I will come back bankrupt. I also refuse to cook as my ex still has the camping stove :p (actually, I think it was his but still). So what can I take that will fill me up, travel well and not have to be cooked?

Comments

• Options
    Dried Meats in air tight packaging would probably keep well.
  • Options
    Peanut butter sandwiches.
  • Options
    pasta salads
    crisps
  • Options
    Just stay away from the dried fruit.
  • Options
    Hm I always cook (well try to) at festivals. Also I go shopping there so I don't have to carry it. I would take:

Loaf of bread (if you're worrying about it travelling then take it frozen)

Something to put on loaf of bread (butter lasts ok, jam, those tins of meat or fish spread)

Something high in energy (sesame seed snaps, cereal bars, kendal mint cake :cool: )

Bottle of vodka (to get so drunk you won't worry about being hungry)
  • Options
    Crisps and sandwhiches, and a bag full of class A's tends to stave of the hunger for a weekend. :thumb:
  • Options
    cereal bars, pot noodles/cup noodles, crisps
  • Options
    I like the bread idea :) good thinking.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    and a bag full of class A's tends to stave of the hunger for a weekend. :thumb:

Yeh that's my plan. I'm just gona take some choccy to keep my sugar up and then buy a jacket potato or soemthing when I'm there.
  • Options
    Hmm...cereal bars, crackers, biscuits and fruit are good in-between-meals foods but at Glastonbury my boyfriend and I did need our camping stove (mainly to cook stuff like supernoodles and snackpot-type things). You could make your own pasta salads etc to take with you as lipsy suggested but these could be quite heavy and cumbersome to pack depending on how much you take. You could take pasties/sausage rolls I guess...I do think though that you can buy food at festivals without spending a fortune. Some places are pricier than others, it's just a question of scouting around to see what's available.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Hmm...cereal bars, crackers, biscuits and fruit are good in-between-meals foods but at Glastonbury my boyfriend and I did need our camping stove (mainly to cook stuff like supernoodles and snackpot-type things). You could make your own pasta salads etc to take with you as lipsy suggested but these could be quite heavy and cumbersome to pack depending on how much you take. You could take pasties/sausage rolls I guess...I do think though that you can buy food at festivals without spending a fortune. Some places are pricier than others, it's just a question of scouting around to see what's available.

In previous years I've tried to have my main meal of the day from the festival and use my own food for brekkie/lunch/snacking. The noodle bars etc are actually quite reasonable for what you get- well, as far as festival prices go :rolleyes: it's when you get into the habit of snacking from the burger bars that you're in trouble- last year they were charging an extra quid if you wanted one measley slice of plastic cheese in a burger :grump:
  • Options
    i think that allowing for the fact that you will need to buy at least some festival food a day while youre there.
    Save money with cereal bars for breakfast, and snacky things for the evenings, but if you want to make everything yourself its gonna be sooo much to carry and you miss out a fair bit of the festival.