Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my fella live together and are having a baby in Jan. I want the house to be ready, so he needs to paint the out house were the washing mashine is, we go on holiday on sat and he said he'll paint it this week (my uncle has bought us a big tumble dryer so we want it done soon) but he's gone to his sis's house wallpapering her bedroom today:mad: :mad:

Am I over-reacting??? He should be painting our out house, why dont his sis get her hubby to do it???

So pissed off:crying: :(

Comments

• Options
    Maybe his sister needed some help and he felt like being friendly.

Is it inside painting or outside painting? I wouldn't paint outside with the weather this week, far too many showers.

Maybe he wants to see his sister and thought he might as well combine it with doing something useful.

Personally I think you need to chill if you're getting this wound up about someone helping out their sister.
  • Options
    The painting is inside, and he is always at his sis's, she rings him up n he comes running like a lap dog:mad: It does my head in, I dont mind him helping his sis, i really like her. But he said to me he would paint the out house, today!
  • Options
    His sis was out most of the afternoon takin her kids to nursery and picking them up from school.

He did it sneakily, I have been out at college this afternoon (leaving do for ex tutor) and he said what time will you be back, 4? and told me he'd paint the out house! But I got back at 3, rang his mobile and he was like "your early" blah blah.
  • Options
    I know how it feels when youre pregnant, you want to nest and get your place ready for the baby. Its completely natural. I hope he does it soon for you. Seems a bit weird that hes helping his sister before sorting his own house out.
  • Options
    Thanks Suzy, I hope he does it soon too, or theres trouble!
  • Options
    i rly hope you dont take this the wrong way, but if your baby is due in january, you've got another 6 months to go, so are only 3 months gone, can you not paint the outhouse???? i dont know much about pregnancies and what you can or cant do in them, but dont people work up until their 7th or 8th month?? (but yeah, i can see where you're coming from, his house should be his priority, especially as you're pregnant AND you need it done for putting stuff in it)
  • Options
    Really outrageous suggestion, whe he gets home, the two of you go out and do it.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    you aint going away till saturday

that gives him thursday and friday

so unless its a HUGE outhouse, i think maybe you are over reacting

try not to stress, it aint good for ya x
  • Options
    Perhaps an ignorant question, but why can't you do it?

If the baby's due in January, you're only 3 months gone which means you must still be pretty mobile, n'est pas?
  • Options
    It does seem to me like you're overreacting.
  • Options
    Hey at least it's his sister and not some random girl. That could be bad.
  • Options
    Perhaps an ignorant question, but why can't you do it?

If the baby's due in January, you're only 3 months gone which means you must still be pretty mobile, n'est pas?
    Exactly what I was thinking, stop moaning and do it yourself, doesn't take a skilled craftsmen to put a few coats of paint on't walls!!
    My mate was pregnant with no support from the kids dad and she was doing up her full flat throughout her pregnancy!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Exactly what I was thinking, stop moaning and do it yourself, doesn't take a skilled craftsmen to put a few coats of paint on't walls!!
    My mate was pregnant with no support from the kids dad and she was doing up her full flat throughout her pregnancy!

Easy now, she's obviously feeling quite stressed and upset and you don't need to reiterate what other people have said in such a harsh way - I'm sure she's taken the more tactful responses on board already.
  • Options
    Erm...i'm only a bloke but it's an outhouse. Not like you'll be living in it surely?
  • Options
    Thanks for all your comments!!

I cant do it myself cos you need to move the washer, fridge and bikes etc, or I would do it!

But he came home, said he was sorry cos he knew how pissed off/upset I was!!

:)