Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clothes Shops in America

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going to America in 2 weeks and want to do some shopping!! Nay tips on any particulary good chains of clothes shops?? Thinking along the lines of Topshop, Miss Selfridge, H and M.......

Also, what will the kids in America be on summer holiday in 2 weeks?

Comments

• Options
    I'm thinking along the lines of the Style and Appearance forum?
  • Options
    Urban Outfitters is much cheaper over there. And Century 21.
  • Options
    Where you headed?
    I love express and gap for jeans. Actually I really only shop there. But theres (I'll just list out some I think might fit into that catagory from the mall list here :p)
    abercrombie
    aeropostale
    american eagle
    banana republic
    bebe
    buclke
    cache
    express
    fredricks (for sexy underwear!)
    gap
    guess
    h&m
    hollister
    lacoste
    limited
    lucky
    new york & co
    urban outfitters
    victoria's
    xxi forever
    pennys
    macys
    nordstrom
    sears
    carsons
    bloomingdales

Theres more but I have no idea what they have inside, not a shopper ;)

Those are just your average mall stores though so nothing fancy or expensive

Well, actually, if you go http://www.shopwoodfield.com/IM/index.html you can click on different stores and they'll give a cheesy description and some will have links to the main store's page (right near the bottom) so that might help
  • Options
    my_name pretty much covered it but when i was in america out of those i liked aeropostale, american eagle, abercrombie & fitch, forever 21, hot topic (although it depends on your style) and umm some more probably that i cant remember now.
  • Options
    Oh yes, with the hot topic. Good one. And if you're not really into it at first glance, dont get scared, they have some cute shirts and shoelaces with old school cartoons and stuff like that. Oh I just went on the website and they have fosters home for imaginary friends shirts!
  • Options
    Forever21.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Forever21.

That's what I meant! not century 21, i fucking hate that store
  • Options
    Go to a second way store, the one i'm working in at the moment have some real nice clothes and are very cheap..like $3 for a nice shirt, they just don't sell clothes, they got everything.

What part of america you going to?

Lucky you..your going in 2 weeks and i'm heading home in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    yeah all of those.

Hollister and Abercrombie are really popular. I'd go American Eagle though, I loved their stuff and it wasn't as expensive as Abercrombie
  • Options
    Wet Seal

Hot Topic is hilarious.
  • Options
    There's a good shop for surfing clothes but I've forgotten the name :banghead:

ETA: I remembered! It's PacSun, anyone been there?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote: »
    Oh yes, with the hot topic. Good one. And if you're not really into it at first glance, dont get scared, they have some cute shirts and shoelaces with old school cartoons and stuff like that.

:yes: I got my sister some really cute tight t-shirts from there - tinkerbell etc.
  • Options
    If you can get to an outlet mall, you can get some stupidly low prices. There is quite a good one in Michigan City if you're anywhere near there.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    There's a good shop for surfing clothes but I've forgotten the name :banghead:

ETA: I remembered! It's PacSun, anyone been there?

Pacsun is awesome! you can get all quiksilver, billabong, famous stars and straps, volcom etc stuff for half the price it is in england, i loved that shop.
  • Options
    Pacsun is awesome! you can get all quiksilver, billabong, famous stars and straps, volcom etc stuff for half the price it is in england, i loved that shop.

:D I know! I've got these cool o'neill surf shorts and they were on this rail for $15 and then when i took them to the counter they were like $40 so i wasn't happy and explained they were on the rail for $15 and the bloke just said well just this once and something to do with customer service i dunno and let me have them for $15, BARGAIN :thumb: I was well impressed.
  • Options
    Because the customer is aways right :yes: And if you're ever skeptical, just go to the young person who looks like they don't care, they'll usually give it to you for anything without even checking.

But I'd stay away from outlet malls. They are usually filled with outlet stores, which is filled with the irregular and old stuff the normal store couldn't sell. The tripple lapel jacket or the 3 legged jeans, but the third leg will be a good 2 inches shorter :p

And just say no to tj max. They may be alright there, but they all smell of moth balls and old peoples clothes here.