Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Going on holiday on wednesday, so decided to file my nails properly (as opposed to just cutting them) so they look half decent.

Thing is, how do you decide what shape to do them? 3 fingers basically have square nails, and the other two have round ones. It's probably a stupid question mind. :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Have you not heard of the new trend for 'squoval' nails? Yeah, I know :rolleyes: To be honest if my nails are neither square nor rounded, i just file them right down to their natural shape- that way, when they grow out they're still a nice shape :)
  • Options
    I think round is the easiest to take care of. Though round for me is the natural shape. So like dobbin, that would probably be the best. I think they are much easier to take care of. If one chips, you can usually just file it down a smidgeon without having to trim all your nails and it still looks fine. And I'm bored so heres this http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/skincare/nails/articles/0,14281,547680_549138,00.html
  • Options
    i'm the same...my thumb and my 1st finger always go oval but the others go square...

no matter how i file them!
  • Options
    what the hell is a pointed cuticle?