Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just coming to terms with how shit the last year has been.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The college course I was on finished at the beginning of this month. Where to start, it was absolute bullshit. With regards to the people in the group I mean, not the work and stuff. I think I've only just realized that it was the worst group dynamic I have ever been a part of. There was this one ringleader right, who in personality terms was strikingly similar to Charley from Big Brother. Nothing could penetrate her thick skull, nobody stood up to her, acted as though she was never in the wrong, some people deliberately flocked behind her because they knew they would always win if they were stood behind her, they even had some degree of power over the teachers, they even forced one to quit the course altogether, it was terrible. I think the ringleader person must have had something wrong with their head, like a damaged frontal lobe or something.

I tried to stand up that person whenever they tried to engage me, and to avoid them at all other times, but I admit it is pretty difficult when everyone else is clearly to afraid to dare to oppose this person.

Now could anyone blame me for being the way I am. What was I supposed to do, mix it with them and let that person totally dominate everything? I'm trying not to dwell on it very hard, but it's difficult. The last year has only served to damage my faith in people even more, if that was possible. I don't like the way people behave when they are in groups, teams, whatever. It sickens me. I just have to give the 'V' finger sign to those people who suggested that perhaps I should get to know these people in the other thread I made. Well, I dunno what I'm gonna do now...

Comments

• Options
    You sound like a really perceptive person. Take away the advantage that you aren't an idiot and can see through people like that. Not many people can.
  • Options
    Hi, I was in a very similar situation and I found that this girl would take the p!ss out of me because I have something wrong with me, which means I'm unable to do certain tasks by myself.
  • Options
    Actually I reckon everyone else there could see the lay of it as clearly as I could, they just didn't seem to have the balls to make a stand for what was right, rather than what was easy.