Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dancers Feet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, a bit random, dunno if its even in the right bit, but anyway...

My feet blister really easy, I must have got really thin skin on them or something, I dunno. Even my flat work shoes that are just soft leather pumps are giving me blisters :mad: and I'm limping around work cos of them and its just not a good look is it really :p

I'm sure when I used to dance, which was quite a while ago, that dancers, or maybe just people in general, put something on thier feet to make the skin tougher and prevent blisters n so on? I have an idea it may have something to do with vinegar???... Or maybe not :nervous:

Just wondered if anyone knows of it or if I've just imagined the whole thing, and maybe there is no such thing

Comments

• Options
    White Spirit will toughen your skin up but it takes a while to work.
  • Options
    Rub vaseline on your shoes where they rub. Wait for it to dry before putting them on.
  • Options
    I've never put anything on my feet to make them tougher - they were pretty flimsy until I started pointe, each time you blister the skin that heals over is slightly harder. Blister plasters are fantastic because they puff up over your blister to give it extra padding and they stay on well.
  • Options
    White Spirit was probably the thing I herd to use. Will it not be damaging to the skin or anything? And how long do you think before it starts to work do you think? N I'll try the vasaline thing aswell I think
  • Options
    giving your feet vinegar baths would probably work as well because if you did it often enough and for quite a while each time eventually you would pickle your feet which would deffinatly toughen them up....if you use white spirit you may want to be careful if you have any cuts or broken skin where your blisters are i dont think it would be very good to get it under your skin
  • Options
    Putting vinegar on my feet in the state they're in at the moment would make me go :crazyeyes

Think I'll try it eventually tho, thanks for posts :)