Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Condensation inside double glazing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got it on the inside of the double glazing in my room. It's so bad i can't see out of my window. Is there anyway of getting rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    you have to get the glass unit relaced.
  • Options
    No i have that aswell it's so annoying, it means the seal has gone one the outside so the moisture has found a way to get in. I asked my dad he said theres nothing he could do as the windows arse like 10 years old and out of their guarentee. It's even more annoying that the window is pannel it's on is quite big so i get to see it all the flippin time!
  • Options
    The whole neighbourhood had double glazing and new roofs under a council scheme and we only had to pay so much towards it. That was years ago so they're way out of guarantee. My brother has it in his too but I don't think we can afford to get them replaced.
  • Options
    If it's still a council property (do councils still have properties?) then you could ask them to do the same scheme for replacement windows, especially if it's more than one person, the whole road whose windows are coming to the end of their life.