Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ooops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not getting this overdraft paid off at all (starting second year of uni in Sept, have £1500 overdraft to the max) and I've just gone over it by £2, without realising I was going to. Teach me to work things through properly in future. If I'd realised, I could've paid a couple of quid in as well. :banghead:

So I really need to get back on track, especially as I'm about to take a major hit in what I get paid (our holiday, then work is shut for two weeks). Obviously a budget plan is the best way to go, but what else can I do? I was (until Monday) spending the absolute bare minimum, and even on Monday I tried to spend as little as possible but I did need the things for the holiday.

Comments

• Options
    is it wise to take a Holiday while in debt? I don't understand why people do this, I know people who have 2/3grand of debt and go off to spain or the carribbean for 2weeks? surely the moneys better spent on debts?
  • Options
    Yup. Surely the best way to help get back on track would be not to go on holiday?
  • Options
    Would you be able to put away like 50 or even 25 or something each time you got paid and pay that towards your overdraft until the work break? Or ebay anything, maybe clothes or books?

Maybe some of the items you need for your holiday you could borrow off friends instead of buying new?
  • Options