Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

kicking myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently went on holiday with an old friend of mine, who was also an ex-boyfriend. I posted a few threads about it being on of those holidays where you book it when you're really good mates (i.e. 6 months ago), then it comes to the time you have to go and you don't talk on a regualr basis anymore and you feel a bit awkward.

Anyways I went, and it turned out to be the best holiday ever! The city was great, we got on great, so great in fact we slept together a few times. It almost felt like we were back together again, just whilst we were abroad. But on the last night, he told me he'd missed me, and talked about maybe getting back together. We live apart, but he started voicing arrangements how he could come see me more often and how we could make it work.

So get back to England, after not just a holiday fling, but what could actually be a real relationship. I was pretty chuffed considering I thought it was going to be crap. We shared a lift back to my hometown, where he stayed with a mate before travelling back to his home the next day. We kissed goodbye, and talked how this could be the start of something blah blah, then he went to his mate's. Only now do I find out he didn't go to his mate's. He in fact went to this girl's house, who he knows and who I work with, and proceeded to sleep with her! :eek2:

Argh I feel so stupid! The reason we split up first time around was because he cheated on me! And now I'm falling for the same old shit again. How the hell can he sleep with someone one night, and tell them he really cares them and wants to start a relationship with them, and then have sex with the town slut! (and I'm not just saying that because I'm angry, she's slept with more men than I'd like to count, and amazingly she's only 16!). Two different women in twenty-four hours. I feel awful. There's more aswell,but it's so cringy I don't wanna type it.

I feel such a muppet, and so annoyed. I gone and walked into exactly the same situation again, because we have tickets for a festival next weekend :banghead: because he 'so loved spending time with me'.

I know we wern't officially going out, but this happening just seems like such a re-run and I feel like such a mug walking into it. I can't tell my friends because they all warned me not to get involved with him again,and I'll just get the 'told you so's'. I'm sorry, I don't know what advice I want, this is just a bit of a rant. I just feel so stupid. :(

Comments

• Options
    Akk that sucks. what a wanker.
  • Options
    Nah I feel like the wanker. Shouldn't have got involved if him doing this kinda thing was going to bother me.

But cheers.
  • Options
    he lead you on, and that's not fair.
    don't blame yourself: i've done that before and it took me months of reassurance to realise that he wasn't worth it.

you've done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    I may have made this up in my memory but didn't he have a girlfriend?
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    I may have made this up in my memory but didn't he have a girlfriend?

He did, but he broke up with her 3 or 4 weeks before we went away. They only lasted a few weeks, it wasn't anything serious apparantly. Just like me I suppose :impissed:
  • Options
    I'm sorry that hes messed you around. The guy shouldnt have started making plans to get together with you in the way he did, leading you on, saying he had missed you and wanting it to work. If it was just fun and he hadn't behaved that way I'm sure you wouldn't feel quite so bad.

It's not your fault at all that it happened, I know it doesnt make it better but he sounds like he didn't know what he wanted and still doesn't. I would move on and tell him it was fun but thats it and don't give him another chance to mess you around.
  • Options
    hell no beef on your part, you done it all cool right? nothing your fault?

if so then hell hes an asshole,
  • Options
    He sounds like a real jerk. I dunno about you, but to me cheating is almost as bad as it gets. I'd say steer clear of him, and don't end up falling for him.

Good luck with whatever you decide!