Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How many inches

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    I think she must have measured under her boobs!
    I was thinking that.
    Wouldn't make her a 32dd/e though.
  • Options
    how no? if she's got big boobs she'll want to go down a back size to keep the melons up, therefore a 32. If the boobs are big, then a dd/e doesn't seem so unlikely.
  • Options
    You're supposed to add either 4 or 5 to the inches under your boobs to get your back size for a bra.

Hence, I'm 29, and I wear a 34D.

We were saying such because she said her waist was 30, AND that her bust was 30.
    Thus meaning she would be flat chested.
  • Options
    ha ha. twat.
  • Options
    ha ha.
    hardly.
    go figure you don't have anything of substance to respond with.
  • Options
    chortle. twat.
  • Options
    lul.
    you must be stupid.
    pur u.
  • Options
    Who gives a toss now if you have tits that you can tie in a knot drag 3 feet behind you can slap passerbys or if you are a different shape to a can of Coca Cola?

This thread does not deserve over 1,000 views.
  • Options
    Ohh I finally found a measuring tape and I was 36-28-38 (I think was a bit fiddly cos it was only 22 inches long and i had to do it in stages)....

However i'm now thinking might have measured the wrong bit - hummm
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Who gives a toss now if you have tits that you can tie in a knot drag 3 feet behind you can slap passerbys or if you are a different shape to a can of Coca Cola?

This thread does not deserve over 1,000 views.
    then stop adding to it, silly.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    However i'm now thinking might have measured the wrong bit - hummm

Help is at hand!

http://www.singermachines.co.uk/stitches/dress-form-information.htm

The mistake most people make (apart from the under the boob thing!) is measuring hips at the top - around the hipbone, when they should actually be measuring the widest point of the whole lower body - including ass! Also bear in mind that your natural waist might be above your belly button - mine is. :)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Help is at hand!

The mistake most people make (apart from the under the boob thing!) is measuring hips at the top - around the hipbone, when they should actually be measuring the widest point of the whole lower body - including ass! Also bear in mind that your natural waist might be above your belly button - mine is. :)

Yes i defo measured the waist (Mine is above my belly button as well) and bust in the right places buttt not sure about the hips I will go and do them again - wish me luck....

ETA - urrghghgh 41 for the hips which is much closer to what i orignially thougth but really quiet depressing
  • Options
    so whats your bust measurement? over the fullest part or underneath?

cos the fullest part was 37/38'
  • Options
    so whats your bust measurement? over the fullest part or underneath?

cos the fullest part was 37/38'
    fullest
  • Options
    smellycat wrote: »
    fullest
    there we go...so i don't have an over inflated bra size, well i do go for a bigger bust size, but not a cup, only for comfort....AND I DON'T HAVE RELAXED BREASTS!
  • Options
    im 39,32,40 at the moment :grump:
    hip waist ratio of 0.8
  • Options
    there we go...so i don't have an over inflated bra size, well i do go for a bigger bust size, but not a cup, only for comfort....AND I DON'T HAVE RELAXED BREASTS!

I knew what u meant. Well, either that or I'm a bit thick lol...
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Help is at hand!

Oh if thats the case, my junk just added another 4.5 inches and the thing no longer tells me I'll get diabetes and heart disease ;) I'll take it!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    How on earth are you fitting into a size 10? I'm 5'5 and weigh the same as you - I have trouble getting size 8s to fit, a 10 must be like a tent on you!?

I really dont know! and it gets on my nerves.
    Im scrawny up top but not on the bottom. Maybe all my fat sits on my hips and bum?
    I can fit into an 8 up top but more often or not a 10 fits easier. Jeans-i could maybe get an 8 on me but fastening would be uncomfortable/impossible!!
  • Options
    okay ... calm down.

if your back is 30 though, how come you wear a 32? :/
  • Options
    Oh actually, I think I kinda worked it out
  • Options
    i don't i wear a 34, cos a 32 is really tight
  • Options
    Im like that. in between sizes. smaller than a 34 but a 32 is way too tight so i wear a 34 and just put up with it riding up a bit sometimes
    im always inbetween bloody sizes in everything
  • Options
    Oh in craft/fabric type stores I've seen bra lengthners. Just the little bit of fabric and the average 2 or 3 clip wide thing. :yes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Oh in craft/fabric type stores I've seen bra lengthners. Just the little bit of fabric and the average 2 or 3 clip wide thing. :yes:

Yeah, it's like the hooky clip bit on a bra, but you can take it out. It's pretty cool, don't have one myself though. :yes:
  • Options
    i don't i wear a 34, cos a 32 is really tight

You're not supposed to wear really right bras.
    The reason you are wearing a bigger cup size is due to the fact you are wearing a smaller band size.
    The breast size you're wearing is the same to the one you have, just proportioned differently.
  • Options
    I dont think it should matter what size you are. as long as your not under or over weight people should be happy with themselves. You get what your given so learn to love the way you look and you will be confident.
  • Options
    I dont think it should matter what size you are. as long as your not under or over weight people should be happy with themselves. You get what your given so learn to love the way you look and you will be confident.

That's all very well and good, but it has been evidenced that people who carry extra weight around their middle have a greater risk of things like heart disease. Obviously women come in different sizes, but it's in a health conscious woman's interest to know whether they are at risk.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I'm 31.5, 26, 33.5 I've put two inches on around my waist since the last time I measured.... but non on my hips.

I've always felt a bit pear-shaped... but I supose looking at those measurements I'm not very.

I re-measured myself with the aid of a mirror and with the knowledge of measuring hips not around the hip bone etc... I appear to actually be 31.5, 24, 35.

So I haven't put two inches on around my waist afterall.... and am fairly pearshaped me thinks. :yeees: