Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Basic video editor?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Hi guys :-)

I just wondered if any of you know of a freeware video editor. I particularly want to dub audio over the video, like how many YouTube samples have famous songs dubbed in. I have searched on Download.com but didn't find anything as such, although I have grabbed a couple of very useful converter utilities.

Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What about Windows Media Editor?

Or http://www.avid.com/products/freedv/index.asp
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya Makoto - Thanks for the suggested program. Got that installed no problemo, although it was a bit too technical for me. It would probably be just right if I was studying Multimedia :-) In the end, I carried on searching on Download.com and found "Dubit" which enabled me to mix in an audio track. The editing of the audio was carried out in Soundforge which I know very well. Trimmed it to the length of the video, did a 5-second fade out at the end, then mixed the resultant WAV in using Dubit. I also used Mpeg Fast Cut 2.2 for trimming the video. For conversion, I usded Any Video Converter 2.03